Swift scirocco

Trap

I’m thinking of switching to the swift scirocco from the Nosler accubond. I love the accubond but also shoot 30 cal 180 grains mostly and they have been hard to get. (Like everything else) I have had such great success with accubonds for hunting I hate to change. I might have a more reliable source for scirroco. I haven’t hunted with them and just wanting feedback on the performance in both long range and short range hunting shots. I started reloading Nosler ballistic tips years ago and they actually performed pretty well at a little medium to a little longer range 250-400. Below that they like to explode lol. I was shooting 30-378 though. I only liked the extreme accuracy of the ballistic tip in that gun, not so much the performance. I found the scirocco and felt it would do better being bonded etc but was pretty similar bullet. It proved to be accurate for that rifle as well. I might have shot a few animals but don’t remember as it was so many years ago. Accubonds came out , about the same time I was experimenting, and I never looked back. Let it rip! what are everyone’s thoughts or experiences?

Strange thing. I've heard about Swift bullet's for years but have never seen the first box of them or known anyone that uses them!

I wouldn’t hesitate, they’re good enough that Weatherby substituted them for accubonds back when they were almost impossible to get.

I’ve only ever shot them out of a 25-06 and never recovered a bullet so I consider them successful. Once I ran out of those that rifle is swapped to ttsx, also bad news for any deer they’ve met.

Great bullet but don’t compare the 2
One is bonded and the Nosler BT is a solid base non bonded.
Swift are known for great accuracy and weight retention.

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
I have used Remington Premium Swift Scirocco factory ammo in my Remington 700 BDL .30-06, and Remington 700 LSS 7mm Rem. mag, 150 grain in both instances. Small groups at the range and devasting on deer from short to medium range.

I tend to use Swift A frame seems the expansion is less and easier to handload for accuracy

Last edited:
I shot my first bull with one when I was in college, it died quickly. 7mm rem mag, it exited. Bull went about 10 yards.

Shot antelope and muley with factory loaded scirocco out of 7MMRM and a 6.5CM. Awesome bullet, tight groups, great performance on game, expands, does not blow up, mostly pass throughs for me. Typically was harder to find available but if you have a source, great, stock up.

Ballistic Tips exploding!! :ROFLMAO:
Have you seen what an SST does at close range??!! :oops:

I'd love to try the Scirocco!!
Have yet to find any.
If someone has a lead on some in 7mm, shout out!!

Great bullet but don’t compare the 2
One is bonded and the Nosler BT is a solid base non bonded.
Swift are known for great accuracy and weight retention.
I was wanting comparisons between the accubond and scirocco. I know the bt is not bonded hence my close range explosions 😂 thanks for info on scirocco 👍

I have killed an elk with scirocco 165 gr. At 500+ yards and it exited through the lungs. He went 3 steps, stood a few seconds and fell. 300 Rum. If you like tough bullets, I think they are a good one.
Sounds perfect thanks

Maybe a fluke, I had a hard time getting the 130 .264 scirocco to shoot well in a .260ai and another .260. Glad to hear the positive results though, they’ve always looked good on paper. I perceive that the TGK is a pretty close comp.

Last edited:
Also interested in shooting them, but can’t find any, any suggestions on where you guys are picking these up?

I’ve got most of a box of .308/180s I’d gladly trade for .25 cal Accubonds; or .284/140 accubonds .308/150 or 160 or 180 accubonds, .338/250 or .375/260 or 300gr.

Back