Swarovski NL pure

Ok, let's get real for a moment. What percent of your pre-tax dollars do spend on discretionary items/experiences? I mean everything from bait, to gas to go hunting, to elk tags, to swaros and guns?
<1%

You've either got a hell of a tax shelter side hustle, your pre-tax income blows mine out of the water, or you have shit luck in the draws and ride a bike to go hunting. Tags, licenses, and gas all go above 1% for most of us.

Edit to add- or maybe your handle checks out and you don't leave the house.
He has short term memory loss. He’s a cheap ass when it comes to gear and he only hunted in Michigan this year.

He had three tags in Alaska in the same season in the not so distant past.

We need to give him a break though, he didn’t have time to work up a spreadsheet to figure out the average cost per year.

$3500 for binos? Wtf do you all do besides run your fetish OF accounts? I don't have $3500 in all of hunting stuff, including guns!
Is this serious? Just in optics I have 7k or more in my vehicle daily during hunting season. Throw in a $1800 bow or rifle setup and I don’t know how someone could have under $3500 in total hunting stuff.

I think this year I was just at or just under 2% of household pre tax income spent on hunting and hunting related equipment.

Pretty back of the napkin WAG, but I bet it’s close.

Sold a bunch of antlers to buy my SLC’s. Totally worth it and I love them. If I was doing it today I’d be all over the NL’s. Great glass is a simple, awesome pleasure that makes being out more enjoyable
That's a literal ton at what MH&F is paying.

He has short term memory loss. He’s a cheap ass when it comes to gear and he only hunted in Michigan this year.

He had three tags in Alaska in the same season in the not so distant past.

We need to give him a break though, he didn’t have time to work up a spreadsheet to figure out the average cost per year.
Fatherhood changes you. Or maybe just sleep deprivation.

I have very mixed feelings about prices being in the toilet. Glad my current sell pile is small

Are they down quite a ways? I have a giant pile I was planning on selling this year.

Last time I checked they peaked about 2 years ago and were back down to near 6-7 year ago prices. It’s worth shopping around in my opinion for grading and pricing

Ok, let's get real for a moment. What percent of your pre-tax dollars do spend on discretionary items/experiences? I mean everything from bait, to gas to go hunting, to elk tags, to swaros and guns?
I’ve beg and borrowed for my Swaros. NLs were funded by selling a large amount of unused traps. I sold a pistol to start funding my spotter. Selling a few $800 bobcat pelts was in the mix too.

Otherwise, I spend a lot on gas but I normally hunt local or camp. Out of state trips haven’t happened for a few years.

I think this year I was just at or just under 2% of household pre tax income spent on hunting and hunting related equipment.

Pretty back of the napkin WAG, but I bet it’s close.
I got to 2.5% too in a quick calc, but last year was a heaving hunting spending year. 2024 - unless I hit dream tags - should be way less

How about a $5000+ bino after tax. AI enabled to help you spot antlers in dark timber 3 miles away.

Screenshot_20240120_180952_Chrome.jpg

Just saw some el 10x50 on sale for $2300 if anyone wants to slum.
I am saving for NLs because of size fitting in my harness.

Last edited:
Apparently you haven’t looked up the price of resident MT tags, those years would really drag down my average. ~$85 for elk, deer, bear, upland, waterfowl, turkey.

Back