Swarovski NL Pure

one thing i like about my ELs is the eye relief is such i need no bumper and no need to brace binos with my finger on my forhead.....eye cups full extended and I can just press my eyes to them and no need to brace my forehead at all. . literally one of the reasons i went EL over SLC.

how is eye relief on Pure vs EL vs SLC?
I've decided my EL $warovisions were fine for my needs....for now anyway

No. I’m still having that same debate, because no shops in my area has both of them at the same time to compare. I have the BTX and 95 mm, and I primarily do elk, deer, antelope. So I’m trying to figure out if I’ll be better served by doing the tens and using the spotter? I heard that the 12s aren’t bigger in size, but I don’t know yet
The 12s and 10s are the exact same size and weight. To me the main thing I’m considering is the low light transmission and whether or not the 12s will be too unwieldy offhand. After watching a few videos on YouTube it appears the forehead rest helps stabilize the 12s with a third point of contact while handheld. Seems logical to me. Both the 12s and 10s have 91% light transmission but I am pretty sure that equates to a better impact on the ratio of the 10s compared to the 12s. On the other hand, I am having a very hard time walking away from the higher magnification of the 12s. I am in a different scenario than you though because I do not have a high end spotting scope.

A forehead rest would improve the ELs just as it does the NLs. It’s not that the NLs need the forehead rest. It is just a nice extra added feature allowed by the new design.

I changed from 10 EL to 12 NL last fall and have zero regrets. The NL “handles” much better, has the same FOV with 2x more power, and you can still see crystal clear well into dark.

I looked through some 12s the other day. Have always felt my 10els were light years ahead of all else I looked through. I didn’t think it could get noticeably better. the 12s were ridiculous awesomeness

IMO - Swarovski’s are a big step up from other glass. The question for me is do I use them enough to benefit from the additional cost? This year I decided I do based on the edge to edge clarity, the quality of their lenses and the aging of my eyes. I think they will improve the quality of my time outdoors. Now with that being said, it is my hope to buy a pair of EL Binoculars this year. Decided the difference between the EL’s and the newer NL’s weren’t the additional costs based on my budget. Hoping next year can get the spotting scope as well…we will see.

As for magnification, I don’t think you can go wrong with 10x42’s. I have used 12x50 vortex and have found that even with a 12 power I need a tripod. Viewing through the 12x50’s for any length of time I find my eyes fatigue and I get headaches b/c of the slight movement and constant refocusing by my eyes. That too could be an age thing.

i have the el 10x42 but for mountain hunting wish i had the cl companions in 10x30,fov is same and being able to carry the cl in a pocket just makes better sense,,the nl are heavier than the el and about twice the weight of the cl companion ,,i think the pricing is over the top,,bit like a rollercoaster on a steep slope,just keeps going up

Back