Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Swarovski NL Pure

mxracer317

Not many reviews are out yet on the Swarovski NL Pure binos. Wondering if anyone has used them and could provide some feedback.

Currently, I have the Vortex UHD 10x42 and am looking for an upgrade to the NL-Pure's.

Reason being is that I have the Swarovski BTX & 95mm objective. My thoughts were to use the BTX at base camp glassing and hike in with the NL's and a tripod.

I know there isn't a one-size fits all bino, but for the cost of Swarovski, I have to make do with one bino until I can save up for another set.

With that being said, would you suggest sticking with the 10x42's or if I'm leaving the spotter behind at camp, going with the 12x42's to hike with a tripod?

I hunt elk, deer and antelope in the western states, rifle hunting.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
A friend just got them and I have only been able to look through them for a minute or so, but it was immediately noticeable how clear they are.
I have Leopold BX-4s and have glassed some with Swarovski SLCs. Those two models seemed to be of the same quality compared to the NLs.

A friend just got them and I have only been able to look through them for a minute or so, but it was immediately noticeable how clear they are.
I have Leopold BX-4s and have glassed some with Swarovski SLCs. Those two models seemed to be of the same quality compared to the NLs.
Scale of 1-10. If the SLC’s are an 8, what clarity would you say the NL’s stepped up to? The FOV is also what I’m really interested in.

What I’ve heard is the FOV is so good that you can jump up a size on magnification. For example you could get NL12s and their FOV would be similar to your 10x42s but with the extra magnification

Scale of 1-10. If the SLC’s are an 8, what clarity would you say the NL’s stepped up to? The FOV is also what I’m really interested in.
I wasn't paying attention to fov except for the clarity to the edge.
For your scale, if SLCs are an 8 and my BX-4s are a 7.5... then NLs are a 9.5(I'm sure there is some issue if you look through them long enough).
To be clear, I really like my BX-4s and probably won't upgrade to new binos for several years. There was just such a noticeable difference between the NLs and anything I've ever looked through that I was amazed.

I've been using SLC HD's since @ 2011, tried out the NL Pure's for a half an hour or so the other day. I have also looked through 10x EL's on a few occasions. The clarity of the EL was great but I had rolling ball issues and prefer the SLC HD overall. The Pure's are outstanding and the first bino that has made me seriously consider a change. I've owned or looked through many of the flagship alphas of the last 10 years with the exception of the Victory SF and Noctivid. YMMV

Ah man, you think you're out & they pull you back in...fov, grip ergo, and forehead rest...well done.

Yeah, I’ve heard that it is pretty incredible, but I don’t want to just go off marketing hype. Glad to get the feedback. Thank you so much! What was the magnification that you guys tried?

Check your PM

Not many reviews are out yet on the Swarovski NL Pure binos. Wondering if anyone has used them and could provide some feedback.

Currently, I have the Vortex UHD 10x42 and am looking for an upgrade to the NL-Pure's.

Reason being is that I have the Swarovski BTX & 95mm objective. My thoughts were to use the BTX at base camp glassing and hike in with the NL's and a tripod.

I know there isn't a one-size fits all bino, but for the cost of Swarovski, I have to make do with one bino until I can save up for another set.

With that being said, would you suggest sticking with the 10x42's or if I'm leaving the spotter behind at camp, going with the 12x42's to hike with a tripod?

Thanks in advance!

I have a 95mm btx and 10x50 slc perfect combo never looked though the nls yet but bet there real nice.

I bought a pair of nl12's about a month ago, they are incrementally better but not "panty drop omg better". I am not educated well enough to critique glass accurately but side by side with slc10x42hd and leica hdb 10x42 the 12x nl's had a bit wider fov with more magnification to see small detail better. They are good enough that I sold leica's and can't see myself using other glass I own very often.

I have had the 10x42's for about a month and can say I am blown away at the overall quality and clarity of the glass. I was debating between the 8's and 10's and decided to go with the 10's for all around use, and glad I did. For comparison I have been running a pair of Vortex Razors (10's) for about 6 years, and while I the Vortex served their purpose, for me there is no comparison as the NL's just blow the Razors out of the water. Very happy with my purchase. Just ordered a tripod as well.

I have had the 10x42's for about a month and can say I am blown away at the overall quality and clarity of the glass. I was debating between the 8's and 10's and decided to go with the 10's for all around use, and glad I did. For comparison I have been running a pair of Vortex Razors (10's) for about 6 years, and while I the Vortex served their purpose, for me there is no comparison as the NL's just blow the Razors out of the water. Very happy with my purchase. Just ordered a tripod as well.
Did you spring for the forehead bumper?

What I’ve heard is the FOV is so good that you can jump up a size on magnification. For example you could get NL12s and their FOV would be similar to your 10x42s but with the extra magnification
@rustednuts, I was thinking the same thing but then a friend of mine mentioned the difference in light transmission during low light conditions. Do you think the extra transmission for the 10x42s would be worth the lower magnification?

Thanks in advance!
@mstevens317, did you end up buying a pair of NLs? If so, 10s or 12s? I’m debating between those two options currently.

@mstevens317, did you end up buying a pair of NLs? If so, 10s or 12s? I’m debating between those two options currently.
No. I’m still having that same debate, because no shops in my area has both of them at the same time to compare. I have the BTX and 95 mm, and I primarily do elk, deer, antelope. So I’m trying to figure out if I’ll be better served by doing the tens and using the spotter? I heard that the 12s aren’t bigger in size, but I don’t know yet

Did you spring for the forehead bumper?
one thing i like about my ELs is the eye relief is such i need no bumper and no need to brace binos with my finger on my forhead.....eye cups full extended and I can just press my eyes to them and no need to brace my forehead at all. . literally one of the reasons i went EL over SLC.

how is eye relief on Pure vs EL vs SLC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back