Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Swarovski EL Range

nhn2a

Hello everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a pair of Swarovski EL range 10x42s and wanted to get anyone's opinion on them that has used them. Yes I know they are expensive. After chasing better optics for a while now by buying cheaper pairs, I've come to the conclusion had I gone top of the line earlier on, I would have saved money in the long run. I plan to use them for Elk and Mule Deer hunting out west. The clarity of the EL lineup seems amazing (at least from the counter at the retailer) and having a built in range finder would be ideal to not have to switch from binos, to range finder, to rifle.

Just curious if anyone on here has experience with them and can tell me some of their pros and cons from using them in the field before I invest in them.

I have had mine for some time now and can say I don't regret the investment. I use them a lot during the season and you will enjoy less strain on your eyes. The rangefinder has worked for me out to 1600 yards and having it all in one package was a game changer for me. The only downside I see is the fact that the minimum yardage is 33 yards. That makes it less applicable for bow hunting, but I can estimate to 33 yards and make the shot.

I went with the normal EL because I didn't like the 33 yard minimum on the Range. Not a huge deal but I knew it was going to bother me after dropping so much cash. Regardless of the model, the EL's are incredible. You won't regret it.

Superb optic, i don't like those big square bumps under the optic. A few lads have had swaro and then sold them and gone the new leica range bins. Can't go wrong with either, leica range a bit further, optic wise, I've compared them a few times in the field and i struggle to see the difference. By once and cry once and by what is best for your eyes.

The 10x42el without rangefinder is far better on the eyes than with rangefinder. The Swarovski rangefinder is marginal. Do yourself a favor and get the 10x42el without rf. Grab the Sig kilo 2000 for a rangefinder. Way better than swaro, and way better than my Leica 1200 scan and my leupold rx1200i. You'd end up with the very best rf and binos available for a price similar to the swaro rf combo, yet much better. If I thought the swaro or leica combos were a better option, I'd have them. More convenient, maybe. Better, not even close.

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back