Swap hunt

ccc23454

Ok boys and girls i need some help... i again have week-2week soft spot in my scheduale in early november, lets say 4-14 november that i would like to hunt whitetail. Maybe midwest but not real sure but need to find a hunt. If someone could hook me up with some place or solid option (must be otc)i would repay favor and not limited to whitetail. Depending on what western tags you have, if i dont already know area might be able to scout/plan for you and help out alot or make sure a future draw is assisted. Pm's are great and look forward to ideas

Chris

Not sure if you are set on whitetail but PA has not yet had their elk draw and the season is november 5-10 with some of the best nonresident tag prices anywhere. Draw odds are long but some nice bulls are taken every year. Hit me up if you need help there.

Not set on whitetail but already have 3 bull tags(id/wy/nm) but may be in PA for a deer hunt in late november. Was hopeful someone in nebraska, illinois, Kentucky (states with good deer and otc tags) wanted some help with their elk or deer tag thats to far away to scout.

Don't discount Missouri. Good deer and lots of options on where to go. I'm in for a traditional archery hunt in the Oklahoma draw but Missouri is my OTC backup, that's if I don't draw Maine moose! Oklahoma has OTC as well but I chose to put in for a controlled hunt. If I don't draw that I'll go to Missouri.

Last edited:
I’d help you out in Iowa, but it’s not otc. I used to live in IL so I could give you some general help there if that’s where you pick.

Good luck,
Ben

If you arent picky pa deer hunting is a different culture than out west. Ny has the elusive adirondack bucks so two different styles of hunting in some different country

Weapon doesn't matter, muzzy bow rifle whatever. I know PA shot several critters there and may be back but it's not high on list. Thought about VA muzzy hunta again, rut 3buck tags but didn't want to make it that far east and want little better trophy potential. Normally ain't super picky about rack but if I sink $300 into a nonres tag plus expenses I at least want possibility at a good one if that makes sense. I have shot LOTS of whitetails and love a good rut/prerut hunt and with that timeframe thought might be someplace new to try. Would love a good leaf changing hardwood ridge buck chassing hunt...if you have had one you know the morning I am talking about. Somebody must have a elk tag in Wyoming they want to fill that they could find me good hunt. Somebody here has a farm loaded with corn and good bucks...lol Buddy wants me to do Nebraska public land during that time but not sure want to deal with crowds.

Coming in late here as this is my first day on the forum. I don’t have any private spots to suggest, but the southern part of that state has some good public land.

Virginia is all over the counter deer and a long liberal muzzleloader season ( starts tomorrow actually) also a huge bear population that is over the counter also to non residents. I live in and hunt the western portion of the state basically everything west of the blue ridge mountains.
Jefferson and George Washington National Forests are chock full of big bear and big bucks you just have to get away from the roads (about like anywhere) we had our first snow of the year last night so hopefully tomorrow is going to be a good day for muzzleloader opener. No need to swap any hunts as far as I go but if you're interested in learning about a few decent areas send me a PM and I'll fill you in on what you want to know. It's smack dab in the middle of the Appalachian mountains so it's a mix of Adirondack style Pennsylvania type hunting big woods bucks. No fields or farms for the most part. And compared to many or most areas it's a low deer density but does hold some fine buck and bear.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back