MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

SUV-Damaging Turkey

ELKCHSR

Man Seeks Revenge on SUV-Damaging Turkey

AUGUSTA, Maine - A turkey that bloodied and dazed itself after pecking and scratching a parked SUV likely thought his own reflection was a rival turkey vying for the attention of an accompanying hen.

At least that's one of turkey hunter Michael Bitar's theories. Bitar, whose 2002 Ford Explorer suffered deep scratches on the bumper and paint, is hoping to track down and bag the bird that caused $1,500 in damage.
Bitar said the tom turkey, which was accompanied by a hen, saw his own reflection on the shiny SUV.
"When I came out, he had his claws on my gas cap," Bitar said. "I guess he figured he was fighting another turkey. But he was fighting my car."
Gene Dumont, a wildlife management supervisor for Maine's Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, has never heard of turkeys attacking vehicles. But Bitar's theory was plausible.
"They can be aggressive, especially if it's a young tom during mating season," Dumont said.
The turkey attack happened about one week before turkey season opened in Maine May 3. Bitar now has his license to hunt turkeys for the season and is admittedly on the hunt for a sweet taste of revenge.
"My vehicle just depreciated quite a bit," Bitar said. "But that doesn't matter. He'll be in the freezer soon."

Wildlife fighting back against the injustices that man has perpetrated on all of animal kind. There was a moose that did the same thing to some ones car in another post...
Watch out all, it's Alfred Hitchcocks "Birds" all over again, but the whole animal kingdom is in on it this time...

Back