Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Surprise! 2021 Big Game Brochure arrived today

Yes seemed early. I am wondering what people’s thoughts are going to be on the new leftover tag process. Seems maybe better?

Yes seemed early. I am wondering what people’s thoughts are going to be on the new leftover tag process. Seems maybe better?
I personally don’t like it as much. I feel like once a week will be the same as when leftovers became available before with everybody online trying for the same tag at the same time and just a mess. Seems like it could be more difficult to get an average tag than the previous method. For highly coveted tags it seems there must be a better method than either... I’m hoping not to need to try for a reissue tag this year anyway and am just thankful to be blessed to have plenty of opportunities to go hunting regardless of the reissue method.

wow that’s really hot off the press. they have corrections in there dated with today’s date.

so @wllm1313 with the new reissue process nonresidents will basically be locked out of good tags right? residents will see the good hunts and be in line at a cpw office and get first shot at them?

The new reissue process is a joke. But hey I guess if enough entitled people whine it is worth it? Sorry but the new system will make it even harder for everyone to get a tag. Every Tuesday will be a joke and thousands of us will be overloading a system and crashing it.

FWIW the "new" system looks almost identical to the "first" system they started with about 5 or 6 (?) years ago. Every change yields winners and losers, I've gotten a couple of lower demand tags under the old and the new.

so @wllm1313 with the new reissue process nonresidents will basically be locked out of good tags right? residents will see the good hunts and be in line at a cpw office and get first shot at them?
Complicated.

1. Its really only about the high “value” tags

2. I think the advantage was shifted from millennials that work from home to retired boomers, for those value tags.

Locked out is too strong of language, the odds are now against NR.

The system could be 100% fair if they just made venders use the webportal for leftover tags.

The issue is the vendor machines having a direct connection to the database.

Back