Surf fishing in Edisto SC

jvanhoy

We are heading to the beach next week. Hoping to do some fishing from the shore or in one of the rivers around Edisto island. Anyone have any general tips for saltwater fishing. Doesn’t have to be area specific I’ve just never done much saltwater fishing. I’ve read to fish the incoming tide. So looking at the tide chart are you better off starting at low tide or fishing a couple hours before high tide? I’m guessing I should be able to buy some cut bait or shrimp from the marina close by. Thanks in advance.

One of my favorite beaches. I have a buddy that fishes there pretty regularly. I'll try to get some info for you. Can you throw a cast net? Fresh bait is the key. Shrimp, mud minnows. It's a blast. We are going in a few weeks. My son keeps up with the fishing reports, I'll ask him too.

One of my favorite beaches. I have a buddy that fishes there pretty regularly. I'll try to get some info for you. Can you throw a cast net? Fresh bait is the key. Shrimp, mud minnows. It's a blast. We are going in a few weeks. My son keeps up with the fishing reports, I'll ask him too.
Awesome! Thanks so much. We leave next Tuesday.

“Bob the garbage man” says if you fish all around the clock like you are supposed to you will hit all moon phases and tide cycles so it don’t matter. 😂. In all seriousness though I think most saltwater anglers fish the high tides more. Most of your marinas and tackle shops will have everything you need. Best bet is to ask the owner or local fisherman what they are biting. Most of those guys are super friendly and helpful. I just came back from a weekend and an NC beach and while I got skunked myself I did see a guy that caught a 29 lb Jack Crevalle. That was a nice fish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back