Suppressor recommendations

For hunting, the most important considerations are light weight and short length. As opposed to when I bought my first cans, there are quite a few hunting focused suppressors out there now. I would recommend using Silencer Shop for the whole process, I've done the work myself for suppressors, SBSs and SBRs, but they make it so much more simple, especially if you see getting more cans in the future.

Of what they have in stock currently, The Dead Air Nomad Ti, Yankee Hill Machine NO2, and the CGS Hyperion K would be the ones on my list. All of these have different ways for them to mount and be mounted to your American.

If you are willing to order off the backorder list, the Silencerco Harvester 300, Q Thunder Chicken, Griffin Sportsman Ultralight 300 (I have 3 of these personally), and the Thunder Beast Ultra 7CB would be excellent choices.

Another really good source is Hansohn Brothers, not as simple as Silencer Shop, but much more individual attention and they have the TBAC in stock among others.

I personally prefer the Griffin Taper mount system, mostly because they offer the most mounts in different threads of anyone. Thunder Beast has a similar system, and their cans are the darlings of the precision shooting crowd. You have a common threading on your American, so there will be a good option for you for all of these cans. Keep in mind, that many of the mounting systems from Silencerco, Dead Air, YHM, and many others, will add significant weight to the suppressor that is not included in listed weights, you will want to focus on taper mount and direct thread options for hunting applications.

Feel free to message me if you want specifics on anything, or have any questions.

Last edited:
I went through Silencer central and ordered a banish 30. I got mine for coyote calling. I’m currently 7 months in on the wait. Hoping to have it before December. Silencer central process was very pain free.

I went through Silencer central and ordered a banish 30. I got mine for coyote calling. I’m currently 7 months in on the wait. Hoping to have it before December. Silencer central process was very pain free.
But slower. That is who I went through as well.

For hunting, the most important considerations are light weight and short length. As opposed to when I bought my first cans, there are quite a few hunting focused suppressors out there now. I would recommend using Silencer Shop for the whole process, I've done the work myself for suppressors, SBSs and SBRs, but they make it so much more simple, especially if you see getting more cans in the future.

Of what they have in stock currently, The Dead Air Nomad Ti, Yankee Hill Machine NO2, and the CGS Hyperion K would be the ones on my list. All of these have different ways for them to mount and be mounted to your American.

If you are willing to order off the backorder list, the Silencerco Harvester 300, Q Thunder Chicken, Griffin Sportsman Ultralight 300 (I have 3 of these personally), and the Thunder Beast Ultra 7CB would be excellent choices.

Another really good source is Hansohn Brothers, not as simple as Silencer Shop, but much more individual attention and they have the TBAC in stock among others.

I personally prefer the Griffin Taper mount system, mostly because the offer the most mounts in different threads of anyone. Thunder Beast has a similar system, and their cans are the darlings of the precision shooting crowd. You have a common threading on your American, so there will be a good option for you for all of these cans. Keep in mind, that many of the mounting systems from Silencerco, Dead Air, YHM, and many others, will add significant weight to the suppressor that is not included in listed weights, you will want to focus on taper mount and direct thread options for hunting applications.

Feel free to message me if you want specifics on anything, or have any questions.
Thanks!

Had a friend recommended this one: https://www.area419.com/product/the-maverick-from-area-419/

Over a year but from what I heard it has gotten closer to 8 months currently. Until things change.

I love dead air. Use it for my sbr’s… but why a shiny can for the Nomad TI? Looks awful.

Finding a suppressor recommendation is getting to be like broadhead recommendations. So many people have a favorite. The number of manufacturers out there now are huge. The 27 suppressor test is a good link and Silencer Central and Lane are really popular around here as they are from SD.

I just received one last months and the wait was 8 months with a trust. Silencer Central takes care of all the trust stuff for you. In my opinion, a trust is the way to go. You can get them quicker without a trust. Current wait times are looking closer to 10 months now though. See link below.

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

Getting something lightweight is important and knowing the company does db checks to verify effectiveness was important to me. Would start with a 30 cal and would still benefit hugely all the way down to a 22 LR.

Careful...I believe getting a suppressor is like a gateway drug, you will want more.

Finding a suppressor recommendation is getting to be like broadhead recommendations. So many people have a favorite. The number of manufacturers out there now are huge. The 27 suppressor test is a good link and Silencer Central and Lane are really popular around here as they are from SD.
I've heard a lot of good things about Lane. Personally looked at the Banish 30 for hunting, as well as the Silencerco Omega 36M (admittedly, less for hunting, more of a "one stop shop" for both rifle and 9mm pistol). Thunderbeast is supposedly one of the more accurate according to several coworkers, but I have no personal experience with one to verify.

I had a couple more thoughts I forgot to mention before. As of right now, I would recommend against AAC and Gemtech, despite them being huge names in suppressors in the past. AAC was just a shadow of itself before the Remington bankruptcy, and they may re-emerge but you do not have warranty service for any AAC cans old or new. Gemtech is in a similar place, S&W ran them into the ground, and I have no faith in continuing support from them. You will see deals on these cans, but you are banking on never needing support and in the case of AAC, you'll have a hell of a time finding any 51t muzzle devices to mount anything. I also don't think OSS has anything worth putting on a hunting rifle, their designs are interesting, but way too heavy for this application.

I ordered a Lane suppressor back in January. My gunsmith is a dealer so I got a few bucks off. The average wait time back then was about 5-6 months. I hoping to get it by October.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back