Superfeet insoles and boots with Gore-Tex lining?

Paul in Idaho

I finally found some Superfeet insoles of the correct size. I put them into my new boots, and they filled the sole tightly, without needing trimmed. Then I read the fine print on the Superfeet info sheet, and it says that they may cause leaks in Gore-Tex linings. My boots are waterproofed with Gore-Tex.

IMG_4949.jpg

Have any of you who use Superfeet ever had problems with them wearing through waterproof linings? I'm thinking about returning these to the store and trying something different.

Thanks.
Paul

Last edited:
I use superfeet in all my boots. The Gore-Tex membrane generally fails elsewhere first. I would monitor the heal area for any rubbing but I have not had any issues.

All I use are superfeet oranges and have for years in several boots, NEVER had that happen and frankly without then my feet would suffer. Decide for yourself but if they are snug in boot like they should be....

C

It depends on the insole. The Green will be fine with Gore Tex. Some of the others that have a sharp edge on the bottom will chew up the liner in a hurry.

Which model insole is it?

you'll have no issues with the green model.

I use superfeet in all my boots. The Gore-Tex membrane generally fails elsewhere first. I would monitor the heal area for any rubbing but I have not had any issues.
I count on Gore-Tex not working after a year, and I don't use insoles. I think it is just the flexing that cracks it, but it still provides breathability.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back