Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sundance Wyoming Camping

PawPawWPG

I’m heading out to Sundance at the end of June to run my dog in an AKC hunt test - everything got canceled here in Michigan.

Any good dog-friendly camping sites? I’ll be in a 4wd truck.

thanks!

Blackhills...great dispersed camping sites allover, get onlinefor maps. Organized sites just not sure about as never use them. Been in Cook? Lake just north it has nice state park camp site and fishing lake. Would be about 30ish minutes drive but its nice.

You might go over to Kacee, Wyoming and take the trail ride into the Hole in the Wall, famed hideout of Butch and Sundance gang. Definitely famous historical site worth seeing. The cabin that Butch and Sundance Kid stayed in is now in the museum in Cody.

You can drive up into the forest and camp or several campground in that area that may have some amenities for you. State parks are now open for NR too, you need a reservation though.
Neat country , enjoy your trip.
You can buy some great honey at Devil's Tower honey south of town on the highway. They have an honor box to take your honey and leave the money.

Awesome - good stuff! How does dispersed camping work out there? Is any national land open?

Awesome - good stuff! How does dispersed camping work out there? Is any national land open?

for the most part do what you want on public land except state land.

find a spot you like and set up.

most federal established campgrounds are closed.

The state of Wyoming is a great camp site. In all seriousness the Black Hills are awesome. What part of Michigan, I grew up in Jackson Michigan

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back