Students Expelled for Touching a BB Gun

Spitz we are on the same page.

Again, punishment should fit the crime. The threat of expulsion is not going to stop a suicidal teenager from going on a shooting spree.

Why don't we just make guns illegal? That will stop all the firearm violence, right?

LOL...

Just like it has in all the other countries who’ve implemented this policy... ;)

I should add, it has lessened the incidences, but it sure hasn't 'just made it go away' :)

Draft I know its not a second amendment issue-I need to put the little smiley faces up when I'm being sarcastic.

However, it smacks of the same argument-throw the book at some kids over a BB gun in the hopes that it will stop school shooting.

I do not disagree that there should be punishment for the incident, however I don't think being kicked out of the school system (which is way worse the expulsion) fits the crime, and I don't think that punishment will deter any "real" shooters.

ID, I don't mean to sound Cold hearted, we just don't know which of the three Kids were really the kind to see this as an opportunity to take it to that next step. All schools have places they can send kids to keep them on schedule with their classmates. We had a Lockdown at my son's school this year, same crap. John

Correct me if I am wrong - here, I believe "expulsion" means kicked out of school - period. "Suspension" means kicked out for a certain limited period of time. For example, suspended for 3 weeks.

Correct me if I am wrong - here, I believe "expulsion" means kicked out of school - period. "Suspension" means kicked out for a certain limited period of time. For example, suspended for 3 weeks.

From the article:
"A school tribunal kicked Allen out of the school system. Bussey and Burns were given more lenient punishment - expelled for a year and a half for touching the gun."

Here expelled means kicked out for a year and a half (for touching the gun). The kid that brought the gun is out of the school system, which means the family must either move to a new school district, or put him in a private school. Again, pretty harsh for a 7th grader.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back