Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Stuck a doe this morning...

DGF

Nothing really worth bragging about, but I just thought I'd share my sweetest kill to date.

This morning I headed out to the farm to see if I couldn't make a lil' something happen. I saw 6 deer in about 45 minutes of being in my stand. 2 button bucks, 2 fawn does, and 2 does. I gave one of the does a little present from above. She accepted and met her maker. Sounds like just another wack and stack but this one was my best to date.

She had little if any reaction! She stood there, walked a few steps (about 5 yards), gave a little stagger and fell flat on her side. That's 2 in a row now that I've had the privledge of watching collapse, and rather quickly at that. Last year I tagged an 8 point that didn't make it out of my sight, and didn't last but about 5 seconds, and now this one. The year before that I wacked a doe that made a 40 yard death run after standing after the shot for a split second ,and if it wasn't for the fact that she ran into the corn I would have seen that one as well.

3 in a row! Quick, clean kills that even the most experienced of hunters have difficulty with at times. I couldn't ask for any better shots.

All summed up in 2 words: Fricken Awesome !
hump.gif

~Dan~

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back