MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Straight or Angled?

It does as long as I don't giggle. Something about this time of year and bellies jiggling like a bowl full of jelly...

schmalts, if you're going to post pics of your angled spotter pointed at the neighbors, upload those neighbor pics - don't hold out on us! If you've got any like Dink's neighbor, Buschy would be much obliged!

it's funny there is a 5 page thread on this subject on 24hr. At first glace i would say this, those who used BOTH for a long time seem to prefere the angled, and more guys have gone from straight to angled than angled to straight as a change. I think more still own a straight at first glance though.
This topic is like buying a bow, best thing is probably to really spend time behind both and make up your own mind.

vander34- Without knowing what spotting scope you're looking into purchasing and what your budget is, I'll offer a bit of unsolicited advice. Check out the line of spotters that Schmalts is selling. I'm not affiliated or connected in any way to his business. I just bought one off him this summer and was very impressed with the quality of the scope compared to the price.

Here's a link. http://www.theronoptics.com/

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on straight or angled. I'm using an angled eyepiece now and like it fine. It doesn't take long to get the hang of finding what you're looking for with the angled.

Last edited:
I prefer angled, I have a swarovski Hd 80, glassing really long days My neck feels alot better than with a straight. I'v gotten used to using my peep finder so that makes it fast in finding animals. I also digascope with it and much prefer the angled over straight.

I like angled for the simple reason that after glassing a long time my eyes get tired. It is easier for me to keep both eyes open, which slows my eye fatigue, with an angled spotter especially on bright days.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back