Story of ID F&G......

Bambi_fan said:
And the feds go raid the house! they usually have all their eggs in a row.

BambiFan,
You keep "ducks in a row", and you keep "Eggs in a carton"..... too hard to keep eggs in a row.... :D

But you are right about F&G not releasing anything to the media. Usually they don't do the press releases until AFTER the conviction. A citation does not merit a press release. I know that people are "innocent until proven guilty", but when you have a $$$$$ strapped agency like F&G, they usually don't spend money on "jelaousy".... |oo

Hey Ten,
If I remember the picture of the deer in the shop was a full body picture. And as we all know, all Trophy Hunters use ATV's.... :rolleyes:

ELKGUNNER

Leave it up to a snobby elk hunter to correct a little old deer hunter :p Ducks, Eggs, Do you know which one came first? Or is that chicken and eggs, with you being an elk hunter I'm, sure you have the answer.

When those eggs are in the carton aren't they in a row?

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Gunner. I'm sure it will happen again, you know, I'm only a deer hunter. I hope you can forgive me. :p

Bambi_fan said:
ELKGUNNER

Leave it up to a snobby elk hunter to correct a little old deer hunter :p Ducks, Eggs, Do you know which one came first? Or is that chicken and eggs, with you being an elk hunter I'm, sure you have the answer.

When those eggs are in the carton aren't they in a row?

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Gunner. I'm sure it will happen again, you know, I'm only a deer hunter. I hope you can forgive me. :p

You know what is kinda cool, when you get your "chicks" in a row..... ;)

I only hunt Elk in Idaho because they are tons easier to get than a mule deer in this state. 6x6 Elk are a dime a dozen, just look at Moosie's pictures. :D A quality 4x4 muley is much more difficult, just look at Moosie's pictures of his 3x3. hump

And look at the Muley I pulled the trigger on...... The kind of stuff that you let grow for a couple of more years..... :eek: Make sure you send your aunt a copy of your latest DVD, that way I can borrow it.... :D

I would like more info on this story, if S_Sider can find out more. Sounds like too much of the story is unknown, but there has to be "cause" before a judge will issue warrants. And jelaousy does not equal cause.

It looks like a little more of the story may have been revealed over on MM.com..... Sounds like this buck hanged around in the 52-2 muzzleloader hunt area and it seems they are claiming they killed it in the 52-1 rifle area, so it sounds like the gut pile etc they talk about must be in the 52-2 area and if the DNA matchs to the gutpile in the wrong unit.......there ya go.......sounds like more then 1 person knew where this buck hanged out at and magically it jumped the unit one day and got shot.......

6x6 Elk are a dime a dozen, just look at Moosie's pictures. :D A quality 4x4 muley is much more difficult, just look at Moosie's pictures of his 3x3. hump
Sometimes I don't know a Compliment from an Insult ;)

Sider, I can Understand you being mad. I shot a Turkey once and the Fish and Game showed up at my house a day later. When I brought the turkey home, I set it on my lawn, (At my OLD place) and then brought stuff inside. Then came out, Brought the Turkey in my yard and Cleaned it.

Fish and Game came over the next day and asked if I hunted, (I instantly get defensive and probably look guilty as hell). "Yes" Did you shoot a turkey, "YES". Were is it ? What unit did you shoot it in ? Etc, etc. Well I was worried I did something wrong and Was afraid maybe the season closed early (Like 2 days into it ;) ) ...

I had the Tag in the truck and had the bird in the freezer, He asked Why the Tag wasn't on the bird. I said I thought once it was proccessed I didn't need to have it on the bird. He said I wsa write but He was jsut wondering if I knew that.

He said there was a Tip that I poached a turkey. I said that's funny since the season was open, He said they get alot of calls from NON hunters that time of year. I was actually pissed that he came over cuz of one call. He said they recieved "3" calls on the turkey. Hell, It was only in the yard for 3 mins ?!?!??! And 2 of my neighbors hunted !!!!!

I feel F&G try to get Poachers the wrong way. I know there is some Critters being poached all the time. F&G don't catch the good ones. But if they ever get lucky and Catch the 1 of 1000 people they try to bust they make a Big HUUURAHH out of it. The good part on that is it makes some people think, But the guys that want to poach will keep poaching and get away with it year after year.

That's Why I shoot 3 points and Not big Bucks like you Yahoo's :eek: Although I'd rather be called a Poacher and Have a Big buck and know myself I didn't then a 3x3 every year and people just feeling sorry for me ...... ;)

I don't know my point of the Above story but HAd some time and my Fingers just typed it out |oo

I hear some of you saying that F&G would not act without whatever. but we are not talking a small average buck here. We are talking trophy size buck. There are some specualtions from some of us who called in and why? it will all come out and when it does someone is going to look stupid. It is a jealous deal because this buck was shot in 52 rifle side. But when it all gets cleared up I just dont want the rumors to fly now.

Ithaca I am staying with that also. Trust me these are not the only sites its posted on. I am not looking for people to side with me or my friends but to try and open some eyes at what F&G can do.
Moosie your pretty funny about your response. I had a elk carcass 5 yrs ago I was going to load up and haul away but my son had one of his temper tantrums the night before and I was taking care of that all night. He is Bi-polar and PTSD and ADHD. So had my hands full. I went to work the next morning and covered it with a tarp. F&G showed up Because of a call stating a whole rotting elk was in my yard. My wife took care of it and the guy was really nice about it. Told her I could of got more meat off the ribs though. I have seen where F&G has run over people also. Its a shame they do but would like to just open some eyes of what can happen to you.
Like I said over at MM I would back anyone of you here with the same problem. If I didnt see it you are innocent till proven guilty. Trust me I am all the way with friends no backing up with me. I was raised this way. So there is no half way when it comes to friends. I have pulled away from dates with wife to help out a friend numerous times. But I made it up to my wife. But it only takes 1 screw up to lose all that. I will stand by my friends Dad and the hunter 100%.

With all thats been said , location of the kill site determined , that photos seem to match, gutpile found to offer dna, called in tip, really to my thinking it don't sound good for these guys and that the person that called in the tip may have been witness to the crime for them to find the location etc. I would say its probably not looking to good for them at that point. Thats to much hardcore evidence then just some jealous person that called the hotline. I can only hope the dna don't match, it would be a shame to find out it was poached.

SSider,

I only know whats been posted here and on MM,but I agree that a hunter should be treated as innocent until PROVEN guilty. I try to keep an open mind about situations like this. The way I look at is a buck that big probably had a following...ie shed hunters, photographers, local guys trying to draw a tag or any number of other people interested in that buck.....So IF this guy poached this buck WHY in the world would he allow pics to be posted all over the internet? One would think they would try to keep it real low key, who knows. I agree with Moosie there are people that poach all the time and never get caught, its a shame too. And after everything is said and done EVEN if this guys story holds up his rep is goning to be tarnished for a long time to come...

-Highcountry

Highcountry said:
SSider,

So IF this guy poached this buck WHY in the world would he allow pics to be posted all over the internet? One would think they would try to keep it real low key, who knows.

-Highcountry

High Country,

Remember the Owyhee County Elk that got poached a while back? I think one was Top 5 in the state? Those guys got caught because they showed the gang at the Bar in Jordan Valley.

And a couple of years ago, some kid poached a dandy muley by Lake Lowell, south of Nampa. He got caught 'cuz he took it into a taxidermist in Nampa to have it mounted.

People that poach seem to have a hard time keeping their mouths shut. I would be more "leads" come from bar stools in little towns than any other method, except for the CAP line. :rolleyes:

ElkGunner,

You bring up very good points. I remember both of those incidents vividly. It makes sense that most poachers are just out for their egos. That big buck that kid shot out by lake lowell was a hog,if I remember it pushed the 250-NT mark.

-Highcountry

If it is such a open and shut case why not go public with it and bring big kudo's to the CAP program? I do understand that people have jobs to do and to follow up leads. But like I said I for one know what a few phone calls can do. I have seen if happen to friends. Just remember to think about it if it happens to you and what money do you have to fight a cause without it. Makes me start to wonder if I should start taking pics of my kill sites and gut piles just for evidence to help me. Thats why I have decided to make sure when hunting I will have my video camera out and video tape areas where the buck goes down. I will have my evidence with me but it will not prove anything till all there tests are done. So it does not matter if you have it or not.
Did F&G come to them and ask them where it was taken?
Did they ask where the kill spot was?
Did they question the hunter at all?
No just confiscated the horns and hide. An investigation is to hear both sides not to take everything. They knew who took them and they knew where they live. They also knew where the horn and hide was. Why not get both sides first. To try and get both sides of the story. Maybe the gut pile on the actual kill was still there.
Just some thoughts.

Cookie Monster, You know I mean no harm By Argueing but I can't believe F&G (Although known to be Dicks at times) Could Swoop in, take an Animal and not have any questioning done.) I'd have to call BS on that. If that was the Case you guys should have articles in the Paper from your end. There would have to be questioning. The reason they wouldn't Publish anything is because they don't have an open and Shut case yet. There is always 2 sides of a story. Well, Usualy 3 sides, and the exact way it happens never comes out.

You're asuming the guy that turned him in is a Jealouse A-hole (Which he might be), but he could also be an avid hunter that really thinks your bud did something wrong. I think there should be more calls in to CAP and F&G actually.

He just needs to let it ride awhile and it will all come out. Even a confiscated cape will be held in a Freezer (I'm sure). and the Horns aren't gonig anywere.

I know I wouldn't get Fired up if F&G came over to take a cape and horns (OK, NO small deer jokes) as long as they told me why they were doing it. If it was taken Legally he'll have it back soon enuf. F&G are really trying to prevent poaching, maintaining herds, and doing what they think is right. the problem is they (in general) don't have any tact and Assume everyone is guilty and come in with attitudes. Thats the Stigma they nmeed to loose IMO.

Good luck and Hope everything works out...................

I thought this was in unit 45. Now it was in 52???? I'mmore confused now then when we had to figure out who shot JR. :)

You would think that the guy that shot the deer would take the Fish cops to the spot the deer was shot. They could prove in the pictures where they were with lay of the land and scenery etc. I saw the pictures of the kill site and I think it would be easy to determine where they were at. I just don't know the area so I have no clue what the units look like. I hope it was taken legally, what a shame if it wasn't.

Any new news. Come on guys the suspense is killing me. What's a link to M&M (beings as I'm a loyal HUNTTALKER?????).

Anybody got any links to the pictures in the field? I saw the massive pics that SS34 posted, man what a monster that is. :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back