Stone Glacier Avail 220??

RyanSoNorCal

Does anyone know if the SG Avail 2200 is able to pack out much without having to attach to one of external frames? It looks like a perfect size daypack for the type of hunting I primarily do which are day hunts not too far out from the truck. I am going pig hunting out to Lake Sonoma and was hoping the Avail would be able to handle about 30-40 lbs of ham without the Xcurve frame.

Yeah it probably could. I wouldn’t want to do any more than that but it’s regularly 20-25 pounds when I’m walking around and haven’t had any issues. It has some type of light frame in the bag still.

Want to buy mine?

I’m guessing you strapped down to the outside?

How much you looking to get for yours?

I love mine and used it as my primary day pack this year. Really hard to beat in my opinion, but would guess with 40# of meat you would end up with lots of stuff strapped to the outside. If I was close to a road, I'd likely just carry the meat out in two caribou bags over a shoulder or in my hands.
If you really want a carry all bag, look at the solo.

I have one its a day pack at most. I did take the bag off and put it on my frame. I just found it a little small on the size or amount of things I was able to stuff in it. It did pack a large mule deer quarter out. Like stated above a do all pack would be the solo 3300.

I’ve used one a lot for a shed hunting pack. Never strapped anything really heavy to it, but love using it for what I have

Just buy a Solo, 3300, R3 or the EVO4056. They will give you the options to be able to use on a extended trip or just a day pack. You'll have the best of both worlds.

I've got one and havent packed any meat in it, but I'd imagine 25-30lbs would be about all I'd really want in it as is without frame. Shed hunting, day pack, etc its great and in combination with a frame it would be suitable for some good loads and keeping your gear separate with the meat shelft, but overall I dont consider it a pack I'd use for carrying meat in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back