Caribou Gear

Stolen Deadhead, help!!!

Idea - bait them? Buy an Apple AirTag. Hide it high up in the skull of another head and put the skull out where the other was. As long as that AirTag is in range of WiFi you’ll track them down. I am not condoning pulling a “Missoula.”
Unfortunately if the thief has an apple phone they may receive notification that there is an air tag nearby as well.

I hate to say it but the best protection against antler scavengers is paint the horns. Definitely something to think about for deadheads. Even a coat of urethane on trophies in the house is not a bad idea. The Chinese won't give a plugged nickle for antlers that have been painted. It nullifies the aphrodisiac properties ... that antlers don't have anyway.

I hate to say it but the best protection against antler scavengers is paint the horns. Definitely something to think about for deadheads. Even a coat of urethane on trophies in the house is not a bad idea. The Chinese won't give a plugged nickle for antlers that have been painted. It nullifies the aphrodisiac properties ... that antlers don't have anyway.

The question is, would a strung out scared meth head analyze the antlers? It would probably end up like a stolen purse… thrown out a window after scavenging. I think any prevention is worth it though.

786A2F72-C1AB-4103-9278-5AE37C5E0258.jpeg

We've had two cow skulls stolen out of our flower bed in the last year. I don't think a person could have even sold them. People suck.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back