Stoeger M3000

seeth07

Anyone want this? Never sold a gun before but I'll figure out how to get it shipped to your local FFA dealer. I'll take just about anything, just don't want to hang onto this one anymore. Its been used and abused. The same part in it keeps failing in cold weather and is a known problem with it so I can't in good faith sell it to anyone that plans on using it in below 20 degree weather. Someone that wants it as a turkey gun would be my recommendation.

20240106_161944.jpg20240106_162040.jpg

Mine works flawlessly. But mine is a M3500 and I hand load.
2020swan-g-yup.jpg

Whats the issue in the cold?

I have the same gun and used it down to 10F. No issues with mine yet. Didn't realize they were having carrier spring issues. How many times have you had the issue- just curious. Thanks

I have the same gun and used it down to 10F. No issues with mine yet. Didn't realize they were having carrier spring issues. How many times have you had the issue- just curious. Thanks
Once a year it breaks. Last time I ordered twice the parts and now after repairing it this year, I'm just done. Moisture gets in there I think (just like typical condensation but possible from typical duck blind use) and it freezes and then the cycling causes it to shatter.

If you google it, you will see a bunch of people talking about the issue. Stoeger fixed the issue and they slightly changed the parts on the ones they produce now.

If you google it, you will see a bunch of people talking about the issue. Stoeger fixed the issue and they slightly changed the parts on the ones they produce now.
Thanks for the information. I only use mine for upland, so it doesn't get condensation in it. Probably why I'm not having issues. Thanks

I never had an issue with my M3000, hunted some pretty nasty weather with it too. Only thing I ever had happen was a worn out extractor. Replaced it with a Benelli Extractor and it was good forever since then.

Check out the carrier spring, is the Benelli carrier spring the same? I know there's a few pieces that are interchangeable. The Benelli version is just a little bit tougher.

Back