PEAX Equipment

Stocky's Stock Accublock vs Greyboe (Outlander?)

MThuntr

I have a Rem 700 AWR that doesn't seem to want to group but exhibits very consistent load info (low ES, Low SD, decent velocity). It has the factory Greyboe stock (I believe it's an Outlander) that is not bedded but I noticed a bit of flex at the end of the forearm.

I'll probably bed the rifle in coming weeks to test again but also considering just pulling it and buying a Stocky's Accublock stock with aluminum "chassis" bedding already installed.

Would you bother to bed the Greyboe or sell it and buy a Stocky' Accublock?

Might want to try a new scope before you do anything else. Could possibly save you some cash. After that I’d go ahead with bedding it unless you just really want an excuse to buy a new stock.

I’d definitely try the suggestions given above in the other post before buying a new stock.
I have a stocky’s composite accublock LRC. I don’t have any flex with the stock. Shoots amazingly well now. Only negative about this particular stock is the weight.
I’m now considering giving their carbon fiber model a try

I’d definitely try the suggestions given above in the other post before buying a new stock.
I have a stocky’s composite accublock LRC. I don’t have any flex with the stock. Shoots amazingly well now. Only negative about this particular stock is the weight.
I’m now considering giving their carbon fiber model a try
Thanks I saw the weight after some more search...3lbs seems a bit much for an already heavy rifle. I was considering one in carbon fiber but dang some of these stocks cost almost as much as the rifle. The flex in the forend is what got me the other day I hadn't noticed it before.

@Bambistew conveniently I have a fresh Bedrock glass bedding kit in my gun room ready to go. There should be enough for 2 rifles in the kit and since I was going to glassbed my Kimber I just as well do 2 rifles.

I would opt for bedding it, personally. I've used Grayboe stocks in several of my guns, and I bought an Accublock but it is HEAVY. The Grayboe is pillar-bedded, so a skim/glass bedding job would only mate the action and stock together that much better. You'd arguably have more contact w/ a bedding job than you would a chassis. If you're decided on an aluminum bedding block, the Bell and Carlson would be the other obvious choice for price/weight. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back