Caribou Gear Tarp

Stock upgrade for Weatherby Vanguard - Hogue or Bell and Carlson?

That's a Boyd's? That would be the one I would use, pillar bed/float and get after it! Before my gunsmith retired, he was also a good wood worker. I had a Boyd's Laminate ( Classic) put on a Model 700 he also made for me in 300 RUM. He was able to slim it/trim it until it felt great "in my hands". then I had some checkering put on it. I gave that rifle to my Marine SIL on his return from 2nd tour in the Sandbox. He still uses it in all kinds of weather too.

Yes.....Boyd's...it was in their 'sale rapid fire' area.....someone had made a special order with all the engraving and walnut fore end cap and grip cap, Claro-x walnut high gloss 13 1/4' pull...couldn't believe such a detailed beautiful piece was available just for my Vanguard Stainless 2 long action.....and at a steep discount to the original order. Just hope it fits well and shoots well factory stock prior to any pillar bed/float project.....it will also be interesting to move from barrel point contact to free floating......as I am but a hunter!

Whats the velocity of that? What round count do you think you'll get out of it if you push those 100gr. out of it?
Magneto says 3690fps. I will probably get 750-1000 rounds out of it. I have 75 through it now. I have other guns to plunk with so it should last along time. I’m sure I will sell it long before it’s barrel life runs out

I think I've seen people gripe about Hogue Overmolded stocks on various hunting forums. I've had a couple and I really like them. I've never had a B&C so I really can't compare the two; but I'd never hesitate on a Hogue Overmolded. Good stocks and a fairly unique design.

Bringing back this old thread....I recently picked up a new Weatherby Vanguard S2 SS 270 and have been looking for a thing of beauty to surround and cradle it with.....silly me!

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/imag...fc66023a26eff000071b53d.png?sfvrsn=24b4fa6c_2

Well....it arrived tonight.......opened it and took off my original weatherby plastic stock and noticed this one didn't fit......hmmmmmmmm.......hmmmmmmm.....oh $%$#@#......it's a short action inlet....that they advertised as LA.......must have been a misprint....too bad...such a pretty stock.

Last edited:
Well.....called Boyds....Amanda, the CS representative was kind, professional and took care of the return without a blink of an eye. I'm impressed.....CS was excellent...congrats to Boyds.

Back