Stealhead are Salmon

Until I can get a Fish cop to let me keep salmon on my steelhead tag, I will know there is a difference. I am certainly not going to take the word of ten beers.

MATTy, there has never been a debate on this thread that steelhead aren't salmon (by species), but that steelhead are salmon (by genus). I hope you learned something about that whole genus species thing I posted. I doubt you'd get away with placing a salmon on your steelhead card (salmon aren't steelhead).

BBB4, must be the new name for YRH (formally EG).

WH, I agree, they are all fishes.

I don't expect MATTy/BUZZ/IT to ever admit that they were mistaken.

TB- try putting a steelhead on your salmon card and then try explaining it to a fish cop. Let me know when you do it as I will definitely enjoy the laugh!

Matt can`t think for himself... he just mimics His relatives.... guess who? And he hangs with the nubie Been drinkin B4 :D :D hump

(Michael-R-Can't Read S***)- Did you read the last post by Ten Bears. He said Salmon aren't steelhead but steelhead are salmon. Therefore, if that were true, he could use his salmon tag to tag a steelhead. Unless steelhead are different than salmon that is.

This is tb's quote "I doubt you'd get away with placing a salmon on your steelhead card (salmon aren't steelhead)."

Couple Short of a Half Rack said:
MATTy, there has never been a debate on this thread that steelhead aren't steelhead (by species), but that steelhead are salmon (by genus). .

"steelhead aren't steelhead"...???? That one is classic!!!!!

C'mon Couple short of a Half-Rack, start the debate that "steelhead aren't steelhead"..... |oo

MattK said:
TB- try putting a steelhead on your salmon card and then try explaining it to a fish cop. Let me know when you do it as I will definitely enjoy the laugh!
MATTy, that would be akin to putting my whitetail tag on a muley. I know the difference between the 2, but they are both deer. Have you been able to figure this topic out yet.

TB- So I don't have a choice to use my deer tag for a white tail or a mule deer? Which can't I use it on?

Does the salmon tag say "king salmon only"?

Idaho now has regular deer tags and whitetail deer tags. Whitetail tags are for whitetail, and regular can be used for either as long as either are open for the regular hunt. I wouldn't be able to put my whitetail tag on a muley, ever, but I could have the chance to put a regular deer tag on either species. Get it yet? When was the last time you fished for either steelhead or salmon in montana?

I fish coho salmon every year, A lot. I fish rainbow trout (steelhead, same genus and species!), every year, Alot. You still haven't answered, Am I able to use my salmon tag on a steelhead? If a steelhead is a salmon, I would legally be able to would I not? I haven't seen in the regulations where it says "KING SALMON ONLY".

Matt, now your just getting silly...
You can take your "Deer B" tag and only shoot what is on that tag, some times it is Mule deer only, in other areas it is White Tails only.
Tags and licenses don't mean any thing in this conversation. The only determine what "actual species" can be harvested with said permit.
By your argument, you can shoot any bear because you have a bear tag. Momma bears with chillun and Grizzly are off the menu.
General fishing licenses are good for any kind of fish, except some and what ever body of water you are on.
What is funny about your argument is that your arguing about something totally different than the actual subject.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back