Stay at home order

You must live in VA..... Haha haha We must follow King Blackface orders or else he thinks! Use good judgment and be safe and think of others safety as well while out. I couldn't think of a better way to social distance than hunting, seriously even sitting at home is worse with family members as far as social distance rules go.
Exactly. I was safer in Montana hunting birds and staying in my camper than if I'd stayed at home where grandkids were coming and going all the time.

Actually, Ontario's Conservative premier Rob Ford is stricter than Trudeau. Generally speaking, all five political party leaders have been on the same page in this health crisis.

Last edited:
OP? Not sure what that is. Waterfowl were all gone here by Oct 13 ... the very few that showed up. Lots of feed still in the fields and not even a serious frost yet. Very weird. I used to hunt geese into November. Something strange going on with the migration.

I mostly hunted uplands in Montana. Wasted five days looking for elk in SW Montana. They simply disappeared. No one was finding any. Only had one day to hunt deer due to logistical complications. I killed a forked horn ... with my Jimmy. Did very well hunting pheasants in spite of terrible conditions. Very hard work and I lost a lot of weight! My dogs are still recuperating.

If the governor and the president choose to set shitty examples doesn't mean the law has any less integrity ... to law abiding people. I fail to see how public health regulations formed in the wake of a pandemic crisis and on the unanimous advice of the world's scientific community can be anything but "right." And anyone who thinks otherwise is "wrong." Seldom are things black and white but in this case I cannot see how it can be interpreted any other way. People can choose to be stupid. They can choose to break the law. But choosing to break the law AND endanger others ... how do you make that "right?" How do you make that some kinda patriotic stand? You think the founding fathers didn't know about quarantines? Think again! You can read about quarantines in the Bible. American sailors on typhus ships that landed at US ports were not allowed to disembark. Lepers were sent to colonies. Cholera outbreaks were isolated. Do you think the founding fathers intended that "freedom of assembly" or "freedom of expression" should apply to thwart public health quarantines? Of course not. That's ridiculous.

OP stands for “original poster” as In who started the thread. I Was Trying to get this thread off political shit..... as for the rest deleted what I posted not worth it..

Last edited:
OP stands for “original poster” as In who started the thread. I Was Trying to get this thread off political shit..... as for the rest deleted what I posted not worth it..
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am not proficient at Facebookese.

There was no stay at home "order" either here or in Montana when I left to go hunting. Upon returning I was ordered to go straight from the border to my house and quarantine for two weeks. And I have complied. I was ordered to mask up in public when in Montana and I complied.

Have you ever shopped on the Hi Line? How many grocery stores do you think there are between Poplar and Chester? One per town except Havre (two there including Walmart). So everyone on the Hi Line who is "paranoid" and doesn't want to take the "risk" of being infected from maskless risk takers should do what? Starve to death? As far as I could see only one store in that span was enforcing masks for employees and customers. Public places should be reasonably safe for all, risk takers or not.

Edit: Guess a lot was redacted from previous post while my phone was recharging.

Last edited:
Update: Closest CA refuge allows to you to stay in the truck overnight so had the tent set up for the bed of the truck. Really slow hunting, no rain forecasted here for the rest of the year (haven't had any all season), far and away worst season on recent record. But, it's better than being inside on the couch!
Good luck. It was a very weird waterfowl season here as well. We had a hot summer with some unusually early grain harvests but still corn available till end of October. The few geese and ducks that came through were all gone by middle of the month.

Throw a cot in your truck and you'll probably be comfortable enough. What will you do for meals?

Good luck. It was a very weird waterfowl season here as well. We had a hot summer with some unusually early grain harvests but still corn available till end of October. The few geese and ducks that came through were all gone by middle of the month.

Throw a cot in your truck and you'll probably be comfortable enough. What will you do for meals?
My set up has been pretty clutch since we can't take out trailers. Pic below is from a few deer seasons ago but is the same set up I use for the refuge parking lot during duck season.

My/our (if my gf joins, it's here first season hunting!) usual plan is leave after dinner Friday night, drive the 1 hr 40 mins to the refuge, pop open a beer & watch a netflix show before konking out in the truck tent. Wake up 2.5 hours before shoot time to break things down, wait for the draw that occurs 2 hours before shoot time and drink a smoothie I made at home the night before. Yesterday for the first time ever I was the first one called! Stoked because the cap is around 80 folks right now due to the lack of water for flooding and on occasion had to wait from 4am to noon in the lot to get in. We scratched out a gadwall but it was yet another blue bird day with hardly any birds. Still planning on going out most Wednesdays and Saturdays as we only have about a month left.
IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

IMG_9608.jpeg

My set up has been pretty clutch since we can't take out trailers. Pic below is from a few deer seasons ago but is the same set up I use for the refuge parking lot during duck season.

My/our (if my gf joins, it's here first season hunting!) usual plan is leave after dinner Friday night, drive the 1 hr 40 mins to the refuge, pop open a beer & watch a netflix show before konking out in the truck tent. Wake up 2.5 hours before shoot time to break things down, wait for the draw that occurs 2 hours before shoot time and drink a smoothie I made at home the night before. Yesterday for the first time ever I was the first one called! Stoked because the cap is around 80 folks right now due to the lack of water for flooding and on occasion had to wait from 4am to noon in the lot to get in. We scratched out a gadwall but it was yet another blue bird day with hardly any birds. Still planning on going out most Wednesdays and Saturdays as we only have about a month left.
View attachment 167080

View attachment 167079

View attachment 167077
Great pics. I didn't realize they made "truck tents." Interesting. Must have been fun for your lady ... more fun than it would have been with me on my last waterfowl outing this year. Extremely soggy!20201014_184316.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back