MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

State Plaque for your Euro Mount!

kbiggs

My husband and I were looking for a way to display all of our euro mounts and we thought it'd be fun to make a plaque of the state we shot the animal in to hang it on. We had some friends come over and love them, and they ordered them and we also took to Etsy and put them there. Usually we have them on our Etsy site for $35 + Shipping, but we wanted to throw it out to Hunt Talk to see if anyone wanted a cut out of their state for a special price of $25 + Shipping! Let us know. State Cut Out.png

Cool. Here's a similar one I made to put in my son's room.

Attachments

• IMG_20160417_154640537.jpg
    IMG_20160417_154640537.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 361
I am fairly interested. Can you tell/show us more about how you mount the wood to the wall and the skull to the wood? Is the angle adjustable or preset?

Nice idea, good work.

I am fairly interested. Can you tell/show us more about how you mount the wood to the wall and the skull to the wood? Is the angle adjustable or preset?

Nice idea, good work.

Yes! For mounting to the wall we use two sawtooth brackets to keep it level and avoid having it sway side to side. As far as the skull going on, we have found that a 3" wood screw drilled in at an angle, and going into the brain cavity so that the skull hangs flat on the plaque has held up really, really well. Usually for the ones we ship, we pre-drill the hole and then ship with the screw taped to the back so that damage doesn't happen in shipping. We don't bondo the brain cavity so that switching out skulls is a breeze. If you'd prefer a skull hanger be mounted that is an option and we just need to know so we don't end up drilling an unneeded hole in your plaque.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back