Star "BUCKS" coffee

pa mt man

$4.65 for one "grnd whcho mocha"!!! My first and last. My wife and I moved my daughter from Columbus Ohio to Gatlinburg Tenn on sunday and on the way home we stopped in West Virgina and I had my first starbucks coffee. It was more like a hot chocolate than coffee. I probably should have just had a regular cup (3.99) but I asked the girl what was good. When my wife called my daughter to tell her we made it home, she told her about my coffee and my daughter said "starbucks is for rich people". Here in pa at the donut connection I get a med coffee ,that was bigger than starbucks, and a dozen donuts for less than 4.65.
I did stop at the best Golden Corral I have ever been in, in Kentucky. 290 lbs here I come.... back!! :(

If ya just want a good cup of coffee... hit Circle K.

The company I used to work for owned Starbucks. Used to have it available free everyday at the office, the crap was crap....hated it!

I personally like Starbucks coffe. A white chocolate mocha in a 16 oz., will run high because it is a specialty blend and it is made form different beans than a regular mocha; the beans have to be darker since it is white chocolate and in a 16 oz. there are 4 shots of chocolate... two shots is much better. And besides, starbucks coffee beans are air roasted, not coal (or whatever) roasted, so the coffee itself doesnt taste burned.

Can anybody tell that I am trying to get a job at Starbucks? :D

So ORCA, what your telling me is the little coffee pusher behind the counter got me?hump

Regardless of what we think, plenty of folks do like Starbucks. You usually have to stand in line to get a cup, and no arguing that it is good coffee.

Bought a beer at the airport lately ?
They run about $7.00, and dang they're good !

I second Circle K coffee! Always fresh and at $1.29 for a 24 oz. cup, I'm ready to rock and start my day!

Hell,,I buy my coffee at the dollar store, and get about a months worth of coffee..I just can't see spending 4 bucks for a cup...

Hunterman(Tony)

pa mt man, yes I would have to say that the person who took your order gotcha! I personally like a vente caramel frappuccino with whip and for hot coffee it would have to be a caramel mocha with only 2 shots of caramel. When you add flavors is when you get the "hot chocolate" tastes to it and less of the coffee. Also looking at what beans are being brewed with that day helps; beans from South America are better than beans from Africa (in my opinion). I hope you dont totally write off starbucks, try it again... it may be good at a different location.

WaWa Coffee beats Dunkin Donuts hands down. WaWA donuts beat Dunkin Donuts. Dunkin Donuts, makes their donuts in a factory and ships them out to their stores. Ain like it used to be, where the little guy stood behind the window and made em.

Bill is right...

Starbucks sucks, ever since it first came out in Seattle and it was the rave, I decided to try some so many years ago now....

One sip was all I could stand of the over burnt shiiii... Stuff... :)

I did stop at the best Golden Corral I have ever been in, in Kentucky.
Yes, my Kentucky brethren are almost as good at running an eat-til-you-puke establishment as Hoosiers. Almost. ;)

shouldnt this be in current events? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back