Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Stainless steel tumbler?

Not familiar with the pods. My tumbler arrived today. Waiting on the pins. mtmuley
Mine gets here on Monday. I just went with the FA kit from Midway and free shipping. I saw the pods at scheels. Here is something I found just with a quick search.

I’ve been using a Frankfort arsenal Rotatry wet media tumbler for the last two years. I deprme in a universal and throw them in with hot water and a good squirt of dawn dish soap. I run 50-100 through at a time, usually turn it on for three hours when I go to bed. I pour the dirty water off then dump everything in a bucket to rinse. Brass goes on a towel then usually annealed, if I’m not annealing then I throw it in the oven at 200 degrees for an hour or so to dry. I quit using lemishine, I didn’t see much benefit from it and if you use to much it will discolor your brass. I seldom use my vibratory tumbler anymore. Also, get yourself one of the magnets that FA sells to pick up the media.

Did you go the lemi shine route?
Didn't have any so just used Dawn. Next time I get to town I'll probly get some lemi shine. At least now I have some brass to compare with and without. Some of the brass was pretty dirty. mtmuley

It only takes a little bit of Lemi-Shine, I have a 45 ACP case that I use as a rough measurement as to how much I use. Also, if you have a media separator/sifter like this, I like using it to get most of the pins out. Always check flash holes and necks to make sure the pins didn't stick in there.
Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 5.30.53 PM.png

Well my first batch maybe 125 qty of 257 wby brass came out clean. The insides aren’t as shiny or new like but I’m guessing less pins got inside. I also only used dawn soap. Next time I’ll try the lemishine. I’ll also be buying a magnet

I have a bunch of pretty tarnished brass for my .30-40 Krag that should be a real test. mtmuley

Were your intentions to just clean the brass up or why were primers left in?
I don't have dies for the Krag yet. I will soon. I did just get a universal decapping die. I have a bunch of brass I think I will sell. Pre crazy prices too. mtmuley

I cleaned another batch this afternoon and this was my first with using lemi shine. They are much cleaner or shiny yellow than my first batch I just used hot water and dawn dish soap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back