Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Stack Robber?

Sytes

I have shopped Kni-Co in the past - always treated fantastic. In fact the last time - They double packed my items cutting my shipping charge in half. I was surprised to see the charge less than what I agreed. Top that with 100% MADE IN U.S.A. and they have my patronage.

Anyhow, enough of the kuddos to the company - They sell a "Stack Robber". I have never used such an item - curious if anyone has and offers of the pro's and con's found with this item...
stack%20robber_300wide.gif

http://www.kni-co.com/stackrobbers.shtml
It works keeping further heat in the tent and doubles as a spark arrester. I suppose what appeals to me is the ability to have a tray fashioned spark arrester easily removable to clear soot buildup. Also it seems this tray would circulate embers much earlier than top pipe arresters burning them down further in size before going up the pipe...
Concerns I have - the draft change any having to feed through a screen so close to the stove? I would imagine, it can be slid out at start then slid in once the stove is rolling... Does it retain more heat in the tent or is it more a "glorified" arrester?
The price is a bit steep - though I'll throw $10-15 to a "made in U.S.A." company any day over China. $50 for a 5" pipe fit. Just not a price I am willing to experiment with for practical use. Any thoughts or users / past users of this item or a like type?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back