Caribou Gear Tarp

Spypoint (Force 10's all dying prematurely)

renello

Well. I am going to vent a little. Out of all my trail camera's I find my 5 spypoint Force 10's that I bought two years ago are all dead except 1. Two have blue screen of death and the other two just will not turn on. I had decent luck with earlier models of spypoint but seems they are getting worse. They will never get my business again. I have long memory. The standout camera all these years have always been bushnell trophy camera. I have some for 7-8 years and some newer, they are the most bullet proof.

I had one of the early Spypoints and had great luck with it. With that being said, I wouldn’t dream of buying one of the newer models. They scare me more than a 6.0 liter Ford powerstroke. Tons and tons of guys with issues with the Spypoints.

Browning cameras are the best deal for the money out there today in my opinion. I started using them about 4 years ago and out of 9 or 10, I've had an issue with 1 of them. I've heard of tons of issues with Spypoint, Cuddeback, Wildgame Innovations (those are the ones I've had issues with repeatedly), and Moultrie. I've heard good things about Bushnell but I've never owned one.

Spypoints have been the best for me. I think it comes down to luck of the draw, Moultrys wouldn't last a year, but a are my buddies favorite.

bump; i purchased 2 Force 11D's this past summer, features and pic quality seemed great, but both of the cams time and date stamps reset to factory after 10 minutes. I wont be buying from them again. Their customer service is painful for clarity and communication sake, and they still have yet to get back to me for replacements since these are now discontinued (granted it is peak hunting season now)
These were supposed to be my most expensive cam purchase as I have only bought $60-75 cams in the past and now I dont see why I need to pony up the extra when my Primos and stealth cams have been treating me very well for their price.

Same experience. Force 10, 11d, dark. All junk. Crazy colored pics broken up into sections like a collage, dates resetting, night flash not working, nothing but junk. Bushnells have always been great for me, dont know why i ever feel the need to experiment.

Last edited:
I have two SpyPoints and will not buy another. Had similar issues with the dates getting messed up, but bigger issue is that they take 1000’s of pictures of phantom animals that aren’t there. Mostly during midday hours, so I think it’s something to do with heat or light at that time of day. My next cam with likely be a Browning due to the good reviews I’ve seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back