Springfield M1A issue

Gunner46

Have any of you had this problem?

New, out of box, and too tight to disassemble & reassemble.

I trained with a M14, in the Corps, but I had to become Hercules just to disengage the trigger guard for dis-assembly and now I can't get the trigger housing to re-engage. It's just won't engage.

Aside from 1-2 months wait time to send it back to Springfield, any suggestions?

Have any of you had this problem?

New, out of box, and too tight to disassemble & reassemble.

I trained with a M14, in the Corps, but I had to become Hercules just to disengage the trigger guard for dis-assembly and now I can't get the trigger housing to re-engage. It's just won't engage.

Aside from 1-2 months wait time to send it back to Springfield, any suggestions?
I'm assuming it's the last 3/8-1/2 that won't lock down? Then yes I have one that does the same thing. I've tried cleaning & lubing and it makes no difference. I don't see any obvious binding or metal wear on mine and it did eventually get easier to lock down. Make sure it's in the corresponding reciever grooves and tap it down with your palm or a mallet. This particular M1a with the impossibility tight reciever is the most accurate one I own by far, so I have no desire to send it to SA over this minor inconvenience. I'll post pics of where mine binds of that will help you.

Side note, send your trigger group to Fulton Armory and have it tuned. Night and day difference.

I can’t help you, I thought the only internal cleaning necessary was the 3/8” lug for the gas piston, but you would know better. I’ve only externally cleaned mine and haven’t had any jamming or issues

Back