Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Spotting scopes/backpack hunts

I have the Razer HD 11-33x50 and I like it. I have 2 other Vortex spotters but I got this one for packing in because it weighs half what they do.

The vortex razor is okay for what your paying, it serves it purpose. I have one, I don't regret buying it, but I wouldn't buy it again.

I agree, replacing this with a small razor is not an option at all, as it will be much worse. But do not rush to get upset, I can offer you a not entirely obvious alternative. Yes, I know the vortex razor in your size is quite heavy, but you can put it in a Mato & Hash Drawstring Bulk Bag, which in turn can and should even be worn on the back. This bag will be the perfect choice for you, as it is designed to carry medium-sized items, even if they are heavy, since you will not carry things in your hands, and you will be much lighter and more comfortable even on a long trip.

Last edited:
Another vote for the maven CS 1. We have it and the larger razor. I leave the razor in the truck for a window mount and use the CS1 out and about. It is always in my pack, and I have spent hours behind it.

I agree with others. Sell the razor and buy a smaller scope. I would sell mine but i like having a truck scope handy and always having the other in the pack.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back