Spotting scope Feedback

OwyheeHuntr

Looking for ideas and recommendations. I realize this is pretty much an apples to oranges between a couple of these, but am hoping Hunttalk can steer me in the right direction. I have 3 scopes I am contemplating purchasing one of hopefully in the next week or so. Problem is no one locally carries any of them.

Kowa TSN-663M 66mm/ with the 20x60 eye piece- can get it for about $1,300- great reviews mostly from birders (at the VERY top of what I am willing to think about spending as well)

Minox MD 62 W ED 2.4"/62mm with the 21x42 eye piece cost $1000ish. Some really good, and then some really bad reviews.

Pentax PF-65ED II 2.6"/65mm, seems there isn't a great pentax zoom eye piece, not sure I want a fixed. Cost with a 27X fixed around $800- alot of good reviews but most are using multiple fixed or aftermarket zoom eye pieces.

I have checked out leupold, vortex, nikon etc and have narrowed my search to 1 of the 3 above. Any feedback would be great!

mtmuley

Kowa. A used Swaro in that price range won't be HD, the Kowa is. I'd go with the new Kowa. That's the exact scope I'm still looking at except straight. mtmuley

huntabsarokee

I am in the same boat. I narrowed it down to the same Kowa and the Opticron MM3 60. The other day I was on Optics Planet looking at the Kowa and a little banner popped open about a sale on the Kowa. I hit the chat and the customer service rep said they could sell me the body for $802 so that should drop your price down a bit from $1300. I looked through the Opticron 60 over the weekend and it was much much better than my Razor 50 I just sold. I think with the 15-45X SDL eye piece it sells for around $950. Its advantage other than very good glass is it has a poly body similar to the Nikon ED50 so total weight is around 36oz so quite a bit lighter than most 65mm scopes.