Spotting scope advice

SakibombNM

Alright guys I'm looking for a little advice. I'd like to find a good spotting scope but I can't afford to spend the cash for a Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski. I'm basically limited to anything under $300-$400. I know Nikon is pretty good but I've also heard some good things about Celestron and Konus. I like the Leupold Ventana but I'm not sure how it performs in the field. Any advice?

Theron Saker 15-45X60 from Predator Optics the sponsor of this page. http://www.predatoroptics.info/catalog/product.asp?pid=1030247&ret_id=1185759

You can thank me now or thank me later. :)

You can't go wrong with this ^^^. And Pat at Predator Optics will surely take care of you. I received this same spotter last week, opened it, set it up and after 10mins I over torqued the rotation ring & it snapped (my fault), I contacted Pat at Predator Optics and he had a brand new one at my door in 2 days with no questions asked. Thanks Predator Optics and keep up the great service!

I went with the Nikon 16x48. I paid $400 for it. Then I bought a Sony camera for $99. Took the spotter/camera into Home Depot and luckily found a PVC coupling that I could bond to the camera. I did take my Dremel to the other end to make it fit the spotter.Slide the camera onto the and zoom in. No black ring in the videos or pics. Use the 2 second timer for the pics. $501 total. The combo doesn't add to much weight to my pack. I've had this set up for four years now.

Attachments

• Wheeler (800x600).jpg
    Wheeler (800x600).jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 298
Also looking for a spotting scope within the same price limit or a little more? Is Vortex diamond worth the extra cost or a lower end Leupold? Straight or angled?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back