PEAX Equipment

Spotted Cow??

Had a couple of those last night at horseshoe league and there's usually a case in the fridge at all times. The Totally Naked is my favorite, one of the local gas stations was getting a fresh supply of it this morning gonna have to pick some up tomorrow

I guess I will be the stick in the mud and say it is pretty meh. My friend from Boise and I were graduate students in Madison and we had ample opportunity to drink a lot of Spotted Cow. We both agreed the best description was that it was fine but not really noteworthy, which I think is a good description of Wisconsin beer in general. When I bought beer when living in Madison I would usually hunt out the stuff from Michigan, 3 Floyds in Indiana, or the random western beers that would pop up. We did have another friend whose favorite sour ale was from New Glarus, though I never got around to trying it.

Those steaks look awesome though!

I'm with ya. It's drinkable but not special.

Tonight's beer is from Sheboygan. Much better than SC every day of the week.

Attachments

• 20210616_204919.jpg
    20210616_204919.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
I make a bratwurst with Spotted Cow in it and one with Spotted Cow, Nueske bacon and cheddar cheese. That one hits all the important food groups.
Nueske’s makes a darn good cheddar brat… worth a look… my hometown, so I’m careful not to spend tooooo much there

Nueske’s makes a darn good cheddar brat… worth a look… my hometown, so I’m careful not to spend tooooo much there
Guess I’ll have to add some of those brats to the list too. That Hillside Farms (I think thats what they sell it under) triple thick cut in the freezer case in the little side room to the left keeps the Nueskes bills manageable. I’ll be picking up a couple 5 pound bags here in a month for grilled bacon BLTs.

The fiancé found this in a lake house she cleans. Never heard of it before, it tastes pretty good grilling steaks. Anyone know anything about it??
Only sold in Wisconsin (sorry everyone else). When having a party I usually put 4 brands of beer in the coolers. Spotted cow is always the first beer that I run out of. Good beer that pairs well with anything you put on the grill.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back