spoonbill

KW

Hey Delw, ever go spoonbilling,? its about time here. Lots of fun and work, but catching 50 to 90lbers in fast water is a blast! KW

no Kw whats a spoon bill is that the same as a paddle fish?

I'll fire you over any email today or tomorrow.

Delw

DelW

Same exact thing, one of the ugliest fish I have ever caught. Good eatin' though.

KW

Where do you snag? I go sometimes on the Neosho below Grand Lake or above the lake in the Miami City park.

Ive caught them paddle fish many years ago in montana. they were very big thought maybe 60lbs tops. friends caught some huge ones

hehe fatman thats how we caught them snagged them .

Delw

DelW

I don't think you can catch them any other way since they are more of a filter feeder kind of like a whale. The largest one that I ever saw went 93 lbs. on certified scales, it was the Oklahoma state record for several years.

Fatman, we fish every dam from Miami down to Fort Gibson, a few males caught last week at miami,but the water is cold! The Neosho is up, so we will probably go this week. delw what have you been up to ? KW

KW

The Neosho is still up this week and they were dumping out one of the East spillways at Tijuana. I was at Grand last weekend and the lower end of the lake looked like chocolate syrup. Hopefully it will clear up some by next week because I plan to spend the week there chasing sandies with my son over spring break.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back