Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Spinning Reel "Foot" Size...?

Dougfirtree

Does anyone know a way to check whether the foot of a spinning reel will fit in the reel seat of a given rod, if you can't put them together in person?
Is there somewhere you can look up sizes and compare? I've not been able to find one.

I own and have owned several spinning rods and reels. Don’t think I’ve ever had, or even heard of, a spinning reel foot NOT fitting a given spinning rod. Same for baitcasters. I fish Shimano and G Loomis but have others as well.

I own and have owned several spinning rods and reels. Don’t think I’ve ever had, or even heard of, a spinning reel foot NOT fitting a given spinning rod. Same for baitcasters. I fish Shimano and G Loomis but have others as well.
It happened to me today. I ordered a reel and the foot is too big for the seat. Granted, it's a large reel, but it would be nice to be able to know when that's going to be an issue.

Usually if the line recommendations for the rod and reel are the same you shouldn't have any problems. If the rod is made for 2-6lb line, but you are trying to put a reel made for 6-10 lb. or larger you may have an issue. Heavier line recommendation on reel = larger foot.

Back