Adaptive Fishing Gear for Disabled

Munchiezzz

I found a few devices that may help someone who has limited use of limbs and extremities like myself.
Note - I am not posting links for these products. You can Google search if you are interested.
If I find anything else useful ill add them here.

Ableware-Fishing-Pole-Holder-e1585301876881.jpg

Fishing Pole Holder for Wheelchair
Product Description
This clamp on fishing pole holder keeps a good grip on the pole and makes the reel available for one hand operation. A rigid, heavy-walled PVC plastic tube 1.6" inside diameter x 6" long, holds the fishing rod handle while a slot in the side supports the reel and keeps it from moving while your fish is reeled in. The pole is easily removed from the holder. A clamp with screw and large wing nut make it adaptable to any tubular wheelchair bar 7/8" to 1-1/8" diameter. The holder is also a perfect fit for use on lawn chairs, beach chairs and sports wheelchairs.

StrikeFighter Sitting Model.jpg

StrikeFighter Sitting Model
Product Description
The StrikeFighter one arm model is fantastic for one arm fishing while using standard fishing gear. The StrikeFighter allows your leg to pump your rod by using movement. It operates as a base and pivots and fights fish without removing rod from StrikeFighter. For a one arm angler you can use the available arm to strike, or if you have movement in one leg, it can be lifted to strike, You can use any combination of the above methods and handle small to large fish. Its amazing how easy you can pump the rod and still retain striking and fighting abilities. Cast with the available arm, then insert in the StrikeFighter horn and start reeling in or wait till you get a bite. The StrikeFighter takes the place of one arm and with uses it becomes as one with your body to perform as if you had the use of both arms. If your good hand is your right, specify right, also pick proper waist size.

Strong Arm Rod Holder.jpg

Strong Arm Rod Holder
Product Description
The Strong Arm is a versatile fishing rod holder. This is an excellent product for anyone with limited or no grip. With this rod holder even lower level quadriplegics can cast by themselves. Made of 6 oz. oil treated leather, it can be worn over or under most clothing. One size fits all. Made of 6 oz. oil treated leather.

TY-All Knot Tier.jpg

TY-All Knot Tier
Product Description
This device ties knots that hold. Quality knots save lures, fish and time. Useful for anyone and a must for one-handed fishing. Aids fishermen in threading hooks, tying knots, and cutting line. The Ty-All comes with mounting bolt and wing nut, line cutter and threader, and instruction book which illustrates knot tying.

[no picture]

M-Power v3 Wheelchair Accessible Fishing Bundle
Product Description
Turn your wheelchair into a fighting chair just like big sport fishing yachts have on their aft deck with the rod holder in the ideal position, between your legs. Great for anyone with very limited dexterity who wantsto get back out on the water and fish independently!

Perfect for wheelchair users of ALL Abilities
Complete Bundle Includes:
MPowR Motorized Open-face Fishing Reel
Purpose-built, high-torque, direct-drive provides reliability. Not an afterthought add-on.

New 3rd Generation Switch-enabled Roughneck Pushbutton Controller
Ultra-durable and reliable. Water-resistant. Can mount on left or right side of the rod with simple Velcro wrap for use left or right-handed.

MpowR High-Torque PWM Speed Controller
Adjust speed of the reel without losing torque. Compact enough to mount under 3rd Generation Pushbutton Controller to spin knob with a finger while holding rod one-handed.

MpowR Medium-action Graphite Rod

LifePo4 14V 3.3ah Battery & Charger

Safe & Reliable latest LFP technology with enough power to fish all weekend without charging! 6' Power Extension Wire - provides freedom of movement with battery in hip pouch or hanging on wheelchair armrest.

MpowR Battery Hip Pouch
can also be hung on side or back of wheelchair.

2 Spools

so you can switch between different test line or have a backup ready to slide onto your reel.

Spool of 10lb Test Monofilament Line

Starter Tackle Kit to Get You Fishing Immediately

ADD-ON ACCESSIBILITY FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS
For Wheelchair User with some arm movement but limited dexterity C5/C6/C7 Quadriplegic, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, or severe arthritis.

Roughneck Single Pushbutton Ability Switch
To activate with closed hand on wheelchair armrest

Puff, Bite, or Squeeze Hands-Free Switch
To activate with mouth by blowing or biting or foot add

Over my career we have built probably 15 Accessible fishing platforms, docks, or walkways. I am currently writing grants for a ada kayak launch. But I have never thought about other equipment that might help people who may have limited mobility or use of their limbs. I will be taking a group from an adult day home fishing in September. Most of them have cognitive disabilities, but a few have limited mobility as well. Thank you for this. I am going to look into some of the rod holders for sure!

Over my career we have built probably 15 Accessible fishing platforms, docks, or walkways. I am currently writing grants for a ada kayak launch. But I have never thought about other equipment that might help people who may have limited mobility or use of their limbs. I will be taking a group from an adult day home fishing in September. Most of them have cognitive disabilities, but a few have limited mobility as well. Thank you for this. I am going to look into some of the rod holders for sure!
Glad it helps. Im amazed at the different equipment I find all the time and never imagine existed.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back