Spin fishing between Spokane WA and Glacier NP

2rocky

Looking for opportunities for my kids to catch a fish or two while we are in the Northwest. I've got basic spin fishing gear and Roostertails and Mepps Lures. Ages are 14-22 and their exposure has been minimal.

We will be in Spokane 4 days and West Glacier, MT visiting the NP for 3 days. We will be attending a wedding at Loon Lake near Spokane. I'm not familiar with the fishing scene around there and I'm open to suggestions.

Take a day over at CDA and check out Hayden Lake. Fish from the bank with a watermelon black flake senko and catch all sorts of bass right now. Rig it up weedless with a 3/O offset shank hook and pitch that bad boy along docks and weed lines. Should have bloody thumbs by the end of the day

Note, if you're going to fish the forks of the Flathead there is a new rule no treble hooks. Single hook only. You can snip the extra hooks off, I think.

Good chance at some cutthroat trout on the north fork of the CDA. I have done ok with Mepps spinners in late June and into July. Stick to the early morning before its warm, this time of year going to be lots of tubers floating by late morning as well. I caught a couple nice ones after tubers floated by one time, the keystone light spilled in the river must help keep the trout active.

Newman lake can be good, but you really need a boat. It's surrounded by lake houses.

There is a BLM access point for lake CDA just south of town on Hwy 95. I found it on On-X. I could send you a pin for it. I've caught Yellow Perch there on spinners.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back