Special 2nd Choice Options

Dwreckers

Looking into some units I can maybe put in as a 2nd choice in the special draw. I have 2 points don’t think I’ll get the first choices I want. I know it’s $650 for the tag cost but that’s not a worry in my opinion. I’ll pay a little more to play the game I love while retaining my PP.

Looking at units 50/53. Can’t find much online about anyone hunting them. Decent harvest statistics and if I recall at least 50 is only antlered deer. Open to any ideas on other possible units. Still a mule deer novice but I’ve filled a few tags. Also probably going solo planning on camping out of the back of my truck.

Feel free to pm if you don’t want to publicly announce tips.

I won't tell you where to go and advise you to make your own research and decision but here's what I'll say, literally pick ANY unit that gives you good chances to draw, look at the % of accessible public and apply for the one that "speaks to you". Go out there, hunt and have a good time, regardless of success.

If success is paramount and you don't want to "waste your money", applying to hunt a 2nd choice special draw to build points is a bad idea...

I won't tell you where to go and advise you to make your own research and decision but here's what I'll say, literally pick ANY unit that gives you good chances to draw, look at the % of accessible public and apply for the one that "speaks to you". Go out there, hunt and have a good time, regardless of success.

If success is paramount and you don't want to "waste your money", applying to hunt a 2nd choice special draw to build points is a bad idea...

I’m just looking for a good time. My “research” has led me to look mostly at these units. I rather hunt a 2nd choice unit learning more than to stay at home and when I finally draw a “desired unit” i don’t have the experience to find a mature buck.

Good luck! Could be a good thing if you find a 2nd choice honey hole.
Thanks! I’m just going to be having fun mostly. I enjoy seeing animals and being semi selective. Makes the trips last longer and more enjoyable

Reactions: LCH
Back