Southern California Hunting Buddy for Out of State Hunts

CG-914

Hi everyone,

I am in Orange County California and relatively new to hunting. Into hunting now for 3 to 4 seasons of waterfowl and deer hunting. If you are local I dont need to tell you how frustrating southern California is to big game hunting.

Looking for a new hunting buddy to go out of state western big game hunting. Deer, elk and antelope mostly.

I am in my mid 30s, originally from Germany and only rifle hunting for now. Taking it serious though by practicing my shooting and even loading my own hunting rounds. I am mostly quite, driven and certainly still working on my patience while hunting.

On piece of information that might be helpful is, that I am engaging a company that is helping with tag applications, point collection and hunt plans. Happy to provide more information for people who are seriously interested.

If you are local and in the same boat lets meet for coffee or beer and see if we get aong.

Pic is of me with my only big game a TN Whitetail from last Christmas:

IMG_7398.JPG

Welcome from down under. You know something, you do look German. I was born 25 km east of the german border.

Did you find a hunting buddy? I am in Irvine

Last edited:
Hi CG, I just have to welcome you to the site!

I left SoCal about 3 years ago and moved to TN. I found a bit of humor in your post. It was super hard for me to find folks to hunt with in Cali - I feel your pain! I found myself in Texas, Wyoming, Alaska and South Africa (*on Safari) for much of my hunting back then.

On the other hand, trying to find someone that is compatible isn't exactly easy either. Anyway, if I wasn't so dang busy I'd be glad to hunt with ya.

Good luck!

Hello,

I am in so cal as well in the inland empire area. I am new to hunting and am looking to tag along with others to get some field time. I know you posted looking to go out of state but we're you interested in trying locally again?

Hello,

I am in so cal as well in the inland empire area. I am new to hunting and am looking to tag along with others to get some field time. I know you posted looking to go out of state but we're you interested in trying locally again?
If you are near Corona, we can connect for local hunting. Let me know

Welcome to HT!
Grew up in Pasadena and took my 1st buck in area in 1972.
Not the same place as it once was,CA. It was great for game & fish.

Hang around and engage folks. You can PM when you get enough posts I believe.
Randy has tons of videos on how too. And they are legit.

If you are near Corona, we can connect for local hunting. Let me know
I am not too far from you. I'm up in Redlands. It's a bummer I missed out on deer season. I still want to get out though and scout and possibly hunt some bird or somethin. I am not familiar with messaging on here yet, do I need to have a certain status or?

I am not too far from you. I'm up in Redlands. It's a bummer I missed out on deer season. I still want to get out though and scout and possibly hunt some bird or somethin. I am not familiar with messaging on here yet, do I need to have a certain status or?
Sent a note on your profile. Let’s connect offline.

hello all,

My brother, hunting buddy, fled so ca for Utah and I’m looking for new pals to chase game with.

Let me know if you’re interested in duck hunting so cal. Other interests are upland, big game, shooting, offshore fishing etc.

Best

Jeff

Hi everyone,

I am in Orange County California and relatively new to hunting. Into hunting now for 3 to 4 seasons of waterfowl and deer hunting. If you are local I dont need to tell you how frustrating southern California is to big game hunting.

Looking for a new hunting buddy to go out of state western big game hunting. Deer, elk and antelope mostly.

I am in my mid 30s, originally from Germany and only rifle hunting for now. Taking it serious though by practicing my shooting and even loading my own hunting rounds. I am mostly quite, driven and certainly still working on my patience while hunting.

On piece of information that might be helpful is, that I am engaging a company that is helping with tag applications, point collection and hunt plans. Happy to provide more information for people who are seriously interested.

If you are local and in the same boat lets meet for coffee or beer and see if we get aong.

Pic is of me with my only big game a TN Whitetail from last Christmas:

View attachment 269049
Just moved to costa mesa from Texas! In a similar boat!

I’m in Coto de Caza if any of you guys are still looking for folks. Doing a local backcountry hunt this year and if you can convince me you’re not a serial killer, company could be fun. PM me

No serial killer here lol, also no tech genius..... How does one PM on here?

I'm new to hunting and in a similar boat looking for hunting, fishing, backpacking, shooting buddies as well. I'm located in the Ventura County area, if anyone's close by let's connect.

I’m also new to hunting (not shooting) and am looking for some like minded hunting buddies. I’m in SoCal in Orange County. I’m planning on getting a deer permit for this upcoming season.

I’m also new to hunting (not shooting) and am looking for some like minded hunting buddies. I’m in SoCal in Orange County. I’m planning on getting a deer permit for this upcoming season.
Which area are you looking to get a tag in? I got one for D13 and it allowed me to also hunt D15 as well. Which if I'm not mistaken includes Catalina Island.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back