Southeast Idaho

300Winmag

Hey guys I was planning on taking my dad to eastern Wyoming for a diy mule deer hunt this fall, but his health has put a damper on that this year. So I've been doing some research and reading on OTC mule deer hunting in southeast Idaho. Could anyone give me an idea of the terrain and accessibility to public land. OnX and Google earth are excellent tools but my past experience tells me that boots on the ground tell a different story.

If you plan to hunt 75, 76, 77 or 78 - They get pretty crowded by folks coming up from UT. Lived in Georgetown canyon years ago, and I swear there were more UT than ID hunters. I believe that area has a cap on non-resident general deer tags. I hear its down from years past, but still see a few good bucks coming out of there each year. If you are looking at the easier areas to access and get around in the SE corner - be prepared to share your space.

Sorry I haven't responded for a while,busy this time of year. As far as units thinking about 73, 76. I've never been in this area before and wanting to find some new ground. I've always hunted the areas around Kaycee and Buffalo Wyoming which terrain wise isn't too challenging. We're not looking for trophy mulies just respectable. We're just tired of always playing the points game in Wyoming and trying to expand our knowledge base in other states. While we build points in Wyoming I'd like to find a place for a fun hunt without too many expectations. I'm just trying to decide if this area is too difficult for an eastern flatlander, just want to be honest with myself. I've hunted at 9800 ft in Colorado but the property was easily accessible.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back