Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Southeast chapter bha

Happy New Year All!

I thought I'd share here that BHA is in the process of starting a Southeast US chapter encompassing TN, GA, AL, MS, LA, SC & FL. I am proud to be on the board of this chapter and am impressed at the traction we've made so far. If you're in the southeast or know someone who is, please find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoutheastChapterBHA/ . Stay tuned for upcoming Pint Nights - we have one coming up in early March in Fort Pierce, FL. The date is not yet confirmed but we hoping to nail it down officially sometime this week or next.

Markus

Hey Markus! We are piling on members in Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, and South Carolina. I have seen several threads on HT about hungers from our region planning elk trips. I hope they will catch the public land fever and get involved. We have much to offer the cause! Andrew

I must have missed this when it was first posted. I'm in MS and know several other guys who would like to get involved with this group. I will spread the word. Thanks.

Please do spread the word. We have a few Mississippi members involved in the SE Chapter, but need more.

By the way, the intent is to eventually form individual state chapters, so there is much to be accomplished.

Also, the Pint Night in Ft. Pierce has been finalized, check the FB page for those details.

We are planning others throughout the SE region, so stay tuned or, better, lend a hand with organizing. We are making strides but need as much help as possible.

I'm a member of BHA and live in TN. Is there something particular I do to join this chapter?
HD

I believe BHA national places you in the chapter by default, but you can make contact with other Tennesseans on the Facebook site. We already had one Pint Night in Nashville and another is in the works, location and date TBD.

Southern Elk - my brother is a MS member as well, but not interested in a leadership position. We are looking for someone that can shepherd the MS section, if you or one of your cohorts may be interested.

Yes, we need leadership in every state, but could especially use it in Mississippi and South Carolina. We have board members from Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana. If you are from Mississippi or South Carolina and want to help please let us know!

Could one of you please PM me with what would be required in a leadership position? I'm self employed, so I might be able to make time for it. Thanks

Apparently I need to make a correction here, South Carolina is not included in the Southeast Chapter at this time. Don't let that dissuade you South Carolinians from getting involved though! My understanding is that national is working on a North Carolina/South Carolina Chapter, or something like that. I would suggest talking to Ty Stubblefield or Ryan Silcox with national if you want to find out how to get going in those states. You can find their contact info on the BHA website.

Thanks for the comments guys! Here is our Pint Night Flyer for our March 4 event in Fort Pierce.

There are some MAJOR Public Land issues happening in Florida, and there are a lot of local & state organizations fighting for them. BHA is one of only a few with a National audience, as such we're hoping to bring some heavy artillery to the cause.

If you aren't familiar with the Lake Okeechobee Discharge saga, I implore you to do so by visiting Captains For Clean Water, BullSugar and then sign the petition at NowOrNeverGlades

This is but one major issue in the conservation and public lands docket in Florida. Please help us out down here in the Southeast! Major things to come!

We would love to loop South Carolina into the Southeast Chapter! Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]

BHA PintNt QR.jpg

Hey Guys! I'm in Tennessee and have had the opportunity to work with some of the guys on this thread to help promote BHA in the SE. It has been an amazing journey so far – engaging our communities and spreading the good word. I encourage everybody to get involved, it's a fantastic group of men and women fighting for lands!

Feel free to PM me, I'm happy to answer any questions!

I'd like to ask those of you who are in the South, or have friends and family in the south, to go onto Facebook and share our event invitation (in my original post above) so that we can maximize the coverage of our event and get to the word to as many people as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Im in east Tn and have signed a few guys up with BHA. Im all for joining an eastern chapter. PM me with any further details, Ive already requested to join the FB page.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back