Yeti GOBOX Collection

Southcentral AK Man Who Stares at Sheep

What is the story on that lion? Looks like he is wearing jewelry.
Welcome , think that’s the biggest cat I’ve ever seen..
I didn't see the pics earlier. Wowza! That lion is other worldly!
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have been making the most of your time in AK. That cat looks ridiculously big!

That lion is actually alive in the photo. I spent a couple years trapping, collaring, and tracking lions. Ended up putting collars on about 20 lions total and have had my hands on and weighed about 100. That cat is right at 160lbs and out of all the cats I've laid hands on and weighed, he was the only one to go over 160. Something to keep in mind when you hear about all the 180-200lb cats. I’m 6’2” and 210 for reference.

I always joke that if I never get back to give a lion a dirt nap that I may have to inquire if counting coup on multiple lions during legal season can be counted towards my Super 10!

Last edited:
Great photos. I’m trying to convince the mrs that we should move to Alaska, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

I was lucky. She wasn't ready to settle down into a forever town after school was open to suggestions. I said AK and she called my bluff. Both of us were too stubborn to back down and off to AK we came (for a year). Now every time we set a time to move to the lower 48, she is the first one to say we need to stay a couple more years!

I always joke that if I never get back to give a lion a dirt nap that I may have to inquire if counting coup on multiple lions during legal season can be counted towards my Super 10!

yeah, it counts! Pretty awesome cat, but I thought 90% of the males were over 200# easy

:) :) :)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back