South Dakota help?

pasteve

Hello all
I’m having some trouble navigating the sd website. With that being said my 12 year old son and I are from pa and we are planning on meeting a friend and his boys who are as residents we all have 1 point. Can we apply as a group? And can we draw tags? If anyone can give me any insight and/ or links to find the answer I’d greatly appreciate it

Need some more info, please. What are you applying for? Where?

If you have a point, which season is it for?

I'll try to help.

Hello all
I’m having some trouble navigating the sd website. With that being said my 12 year old son and I are from pa and we are planning on meeting a friend and his boys who are as residents we all have 1 point. Can we apply as a group? And can we draw tags? If anyone can give me any insight and/ or links to find the answer I’d greatly appreciate it
And everyone is having trouble with the new website, don't feel bad. Even the GFP is having trouble.Ha.

If you can check the past draw statistics. Does everyone have 1 point? You can apply as a group but I think they pool you as your lowest point. I hunted 35A last year and seen a lot of goats. What units are you looking at?

If you can check the past draw statistics. Does everyone have 1 point? You can apply as a group but I think they pool you as your lowest point. I hunted 35A last year and seen a lot of goats. What units are you looking at?
Yes everyone has 1 point applying for unit 15b I believe

SD lumps people into 2+ or 1 or 0 preference points. For nonresidents, you are unlikely to draw antelope anywhere with less than 2+ points.

I am not sure you can apply with residents as a group. 2021 draw stats for 15B41 show that there are only 5 NR tags available. 2021 draw stats show that 3 people with 8 points applied and only 2 drew. 4 people with 5 points applied and 2 drew. 3 people with 4 points applied and only 1 drew.
Long and short of it, seriously doubt you will draw with one point. But you will never know unless you apply. Good luck!

When you apply make sure you check the box to purchase a preference point. You kind of have to pay attention with the new application system.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back