Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

South Dakota Harding County - 35A or 35B?

TJT96

Has anybody on here hunted Harding county in SD? I have two points and am wondering if I should go with 35A or 35B? Should be 100% with two points as a resident. Looks like B has more public land and higher success but A is the more sought after tag. It looks like A might have more game. Looking for some insight on this.

I usually hunt in 21A (Pennington/meade county). Id go drive up there and check out which one of 35a or b you'd want to hunt!

I hunt harding county every year and do both simply because we have access to a small chunk of land to camp on (not hunt on though). 35A has the little mo river that people like to be near. It is a mad house anywhere near there 1st AND 2nd weekend. There are also some really big ranches by land mass that have some great mule deer and people like to try their chance near them or get access (not likely). 35B is a little less crowded after first weekend. In my experiences, more opportunity for whitetail in 35B and the biggest one we have shot was a really nice heavy was in public land in that unit. There are more accommodations in 35A with Buffalo right there. If you are not scared of walking and want a few more opportunities, 35B is a better bet. If you want higher potential for muley deer, 35A.

I was leaning towards B to begin with, looks like I’ll go with that. Nothing wrong with putting some miles on the Danners. Thanks for the help!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back