South dakota goats

nd muley

Got it done on my 1st sd rifle tag. Glad I walked out in the dark. Snuck into under 100 yds while he was beded with his 20 does. Only got that close as I couldn't take a shot being he was on a slight rise. It was a short fun hunt. Most pressure I've ever seen on a goat hunt. Not mad just stating what I saw. I'll be sending in again though.

Attachments

• 20211002_080205.jpg
    20211002_080205.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • 20211002_080237.jpg
    20211002_080237.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
Congratulations! What part of the state were you in and how were the antelope numbers? I'm in the very northwest in Harding County.

Congratulations! What part of the state were you in and how were the antelope numbers? I'm in the very northwest in Harding County.
Spent the last four days up there, fewest antelope I've seen in the last 15 years of hunting that area

I agree with the pressure comment. More people, trucks, tents and campers than I have ever seen. I was up in west harding with my 12 yo and we didn't see anything on public. Kind of a bummer although he said he still enjoyed the time with me so that is still a plus.

I agree with the pressure comment. More people, trucks, tents and campers than I have ever seen. I was up in west harding with my 12 yo and we didn't see anything on public. Kind of a bummer although he said he still enjoyed the time with me so that is still a plus.
Half the hunters i encountered were non resident bowhunters out for deer opener.

Same thing in West Butte county. Lots of pickups, not much for pronghorns. Tough to get away form orange, even a mile plus away from the road. Was wishing for rain and wind to keep everyone away. Alas, it was perfect weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back