PEAX Equipment

Sounds of (tag strategy) silence

Are you retarded or just a troll?
Are you retarded or just have poor reading and sarcasm comprehension?
I’m assuming you meant that there are too many disabled veterans? Disabled vets are actually veterans. This isn’t a good look.
Easy big fellas. It’s meant in the way everyone’s uncle was a Navy seal, CAG, or CIA.
There are more people, claiming they are a disabled vets than what has probably fought in wars over the last 75 years. Not everybody can be a disabled vet.
Dont be so damn sensitive.🙄

Last edited:
Easy big fellas. It’s meant in the way everyone’s uncle was a Navy seal, CAG, or CIA.
There are more people, claiming they are a disabled vets than what has probably fought in wars over the last 75 years. Not everybody can be a disabled vet.
So it’s your job to take that away?
I served 8 years and I would’ve gladly stayed in longer. I truly loved serving my country. The deployments were tough but part of the business.

As far as I’m concerned, only people who served, themselves can speak on this situation, so it would be you who has the Navy Seal Uncle. I hope you served, because you are clueless when it comes to veterans, the VA, service connected ratings, anybody who served more than 30 days on Active Duty with an honorable discharge makes you a vet

But i need help my disabled vet father has always dreamed of elk hunting. Hes not looking for much just a repersentive 6 point and since his phyical limits are so bad and my son thats coming with us has a severe videogame injury it needs to be close to a paved road since were driving our prius to save fuel costs. Not looking for waypoints but some maps with spots marked would be great. Thanks, look forward to contributing later, getting a subscription to gohunt also!

Dig a little more and find out the only army his dad was in was the salvation army.
Hey I was just reading your post about your hunt and was wondering how it went? Did you see any animals? I was thinking about applying for this unit but I didn’t want to waste points if you didn’t get anything. I injured my big toe nail 2 years ago while walking to the gas station so I can’t really scout that much.

Are you retarded or just have poor reading and sarcasm comprehension?

I’m glad you’re laughing, because this is so funny. If you don’t like disabled veterans, I suggest you get your facts right and volunteer to help them. I just had my10th brain surgery from my active duty days, so excuse me if I’m a little intolerant of you spouting your mouth about veterans on this forum. This is called Hunt talk for a reason. This isn’t your personal FB

I’m glad you’re laughing, because this is so funny. If you don’t like disabled veterans, I suggest you get your facts right and volunteer to help them. I just had my10th brain surgery from my active duty days, so excuse me if I’m a little intolerant of you spouting your mouth about veterans on this forum. This is called Hunt talk for a reason. This isn’t your personal FB
Good Christ dude. Your ability to twist something up so badly is outstanding. I sent you a message. Put your outrage away.😘😂😂😂

This. It just baffles me when folks complain about not getting help.

Absolutely. The time, money, blood, sweat, and tears, and we’re the a-holes for just not giving up information at the drop of a hat. Always mind blowing. “Well we’re all in it to have fun!” Yeah bud but you don’t have the same amount of skin in the game.

If some of these guys would sit back, do some googling, they’d learn all there is to know about most of these units.

We need more bag drag videos, less videos about where to go and how to go about doing it.

Videos about which MtnOps supplements to take don’t hurt draw odds .

Absolutely. The time, money, blood, sweat, and tears, and we’re the a-holes for just not giving up information at the drop of a hat. Always mind blowing. “Well we’re all in it to have fun!” Yeah bud but you don’t have the same amount of skin in the game.

If some of these guys would sit back, do some googling, they’d learn all there is to know about most of these units.

We need more bag drag videos, less videos about where to go and how to go about doing it.

Videos about which MtnOps supplements to take don’t hurt draw odds .
You can literally just Google any hunting unit and you’ll have enough reading material for at least a good day to day and half.
But they won’t even do that, they want spoonfed waypoints, trailheads, camping spots, help packing in and out.

What the heck is wrong with Gohunt now? I was on there close to 2 hours today.

What the heck is wrong with Gohunt now? I was on there close to 2 hours today.
I’ve come to realize that GOHUNT is really just a collective pile of info that the general public can access. It’s just super convenient because I don’t have to bounce between WGF and CPW sites. It has its flaws, especially with Montana units. But for $150 a year and with maps included, it’s a small fee for a starting place IMO. The details are best found on state sites though.

But yes, 2 hours a day is on the low side for me. Lol

If there is ONE strategy I’d like to know this year it’s the Wyoming elk apps. I am dying to see what crazy things people did with their points, how many new applicants, the general point creep, and how people in the 5-6 point range behaved (throw in for an almost sure general tag in the regular or go in special for only a poor chance at the few tags in that tier). I know what I did and I waver between feeling dumb and dumber. Then I’m also very interested in the CO OTC fallout, allocation and cow tag price increase. Toss in hellish winter weather affecting deer and antelope and there’s LOTS going on that should influence applicant herd behavior this year.

I used to enjoy browsing threads to exchange info on specific units in different states, since the late 90’s. But in the last ten years I have been losing interest as it is more and more a one way street, and it’s become more a waste of time. Then when I post the reality to newbies I get trashed by old timers that live in the past and clearly don’t study current draw odds. So many states are simply not worth investing in any longer from the ground floor. Guys are still willing to exchange OIL info, but certainly not low tier units for good reason. I can’t draw OIL tags any more so I don’t need advice. And I no longer seek out those who draw an OIL tag I’ve had in the past, because I get multiple PM’s from the few lucky who miraculously draw today. They get my handle from searching archives. As a result, I just don’t spend near the time surfing hunt forums these days.

I find myself investing more of my time to regional public whitetail research & scouting, which I obviously cannot share. That time is more spent using OnX, filtering out barrier-to-entry public. Even that gets worse each year. Such is the price of the information super highway.

Last edited:
Not much to talk about amidst the doom and gloom of the current and future out look for NR tags. So that lead me to my two fold strategy that took about 15 minutes of total research and decision making.
First pay and pray. Pretty simple there. Second I have guaranteed my self tags for about the next five years or so with deposits for hunts Canada. Money is easier to come by than tags at this point.

If there is ONE strategy I’d like to know this year it’s the Wyoming elk apps. I am dying to see what crazy things people did with their points, how many new applicants, the general point creep, and how people in the 5-6 point range behaved (throw in for an almost sure general tag in the regular or go in special for only a poor chance at the few tags in that tier). I know what I did and I waver between feeling dumb and dumber. Then I’m also very interested in the CO OTC fallout, allocation and cow tag price increase. Toss in hellish winter weather affecting deer and antelope and there’s LOTS going on that should influence applicant herd behavior this year.
I am hoping mine strategy that everyone in that spot of no man's land burns them along with what has been regularly happening at 8 and up and my points 8 after this year will not experience any point creep and I can draw faster than what I have been anticipating.
But everyone that panicked and gets a tag just got back in line in front of me for the next tag.

Gohunt has made it so easy for everyone and their brother to see what their odds are for drawing a unit. That, or a little research on fish and game websites, will show you how others are playing the game and how you can play with or against it to draw a tag. It’s hard to talk strategy when almost everyone has the same information whether they pay for it or spend the time to put it together themselves.

You look around and you'll find plenty of places to ask beginner questions. Some of the FB groups I follow are pretty accommodating as are most of the forums. It's more about what questions you ask and how you ask it.

I'd recommend not leading with the stereotypical - "I'm looking to go to Colorado unit XX for an elk hunt. Never hunted before, not looking for a giant but maybe just something around 300". Not looking for your honey holes but hoping someone can message me some spots to check out. I've got 5 days to hunt, hoping for places I'll see a lot of animals in case I mess up the first few encounters. Thanks" --- these get you laughed out of the room every time. Here, you'll get "Welcome to HuntTalk".
I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw somebody asking almost that exact question in a forum or on social media...

Gohunt has made it so easy for everyone and their brother to see what their odds are for drawing a unit. That, or a little research on fish and game websites, will show you how others are playing the game and how you can play with or against it to draw a tag. It’s hard to talk strategy when almost everyone has the same information whether they pay for it or spend the time to put it together themselves.
Yes and no. goHunt certainly saves a lot of time that not everyone had to spend, but now everyone has the information. I still think it’s valuable in that sense even if everyone else knows too. We’re not all looking for the same thing or valuing things equally, so it doesn’t lose all of its utility just because everyone has easy access to the same information. That said, I’m sure goHunt has crashed a lot of overlooked hunts.

The greatest value of goHunt is in knowing what other people know, AND in knowing what other people know that is INCORRECT. I would bet that GoHunt’s error rate is much lower than mine, but they have A LOT MORE data to examine than I do. They make mistakes. Some of those mistakes don’t matter much. Others can be seriously capitalized on.

Another great thing about goHunt is comparing one state to another state, and I don’t think that effects draw odds negatively on a meaningful scale. I have different point total for different species in different states, and different goals as well. There is likely ZERO overlap between myself and others when all of those factors are overlaid. If I only want one muledeer tag out of state this year, I can decide which state I should target by comparing a lot of different factors in goHunt. What can I draw in state A? Now filter for similar trophy potential/harvest success/public land/buck to do ratio etc. and see what I can draw in states B, C, and E and see which state has more to offer this season based on my differing point levels. Next season it will change because I will have a different number of points in each state.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back