Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Soon there will be no escape

I dont mind being able to get out of town more during hunting season. I like what I do for work and generally isn't hassle for me to keep up with business. I remember all the headaches and stress I used to have just before , during and after a trip. I don't have those anymore everything just keeps moving right alone. It depends on what type of work you do.

This conversation brings up a big factor. You folks are clueless. Tech savy maybe,but clueless.
Starlink is for internet access. Single spot within range. Works great for a pc or with your handheld device if you get cell signal and within range.

Cell phone use for pc type stuff I have no clue.
I just know it does not work on my phone due to bad service coverage. Just runs the battery down and never worked . I just have the cell phone on now and have the calls drop. Unless I'm right under a signal.
Had 5G at the hospital in Alb. and get a call later and the lady checking on my appt.,follow up, still did not understand that I'm in remote NM and the call dropped. I got no voicemail or text that she said I would get.

I do not know how any of you get all these apps and pc stuff on your cell phones all over the place and it works. They have the same problems when they get here as I do with service.
Obvious to me you folks live near cell service.
Starlink does not improve cell service.

I go outside any night and can walk around due to the stars. I can see a dozen sat.'s buzz by. Cell service does not change,it's still bad now. A few years late to think about the space junk that will fall someday.

We've deployed Starlink to a handful of locations we weren't able to monitor remotely and it's worked great. My boss likes to grab a spare unit on Fridays and head to the lake to "test them out" for the weekend.

Are the satellites more disruptive to the night sky than windmills?

Depending upon who you work for, turning off the phone may not be an option if you're in the upper levels of management.

Not healthy.
“Should be an option” v. “Is an option”

during my caribou pack out we got to the top of one ridge and had service… called my wife, posted a pic on hunt talk… and responded to 5 work emails and got on a teams call for 10 min, FML 🤦‍♂️

“Remote workers blah blah blah…”

Yeah no boundaries ever… expectation be available to work 24/7/365

And yeah didn’t call in to teams, it just showed I was available when my phone had service and I instantly got a call about a server deployment.

I’m definitely not excited about this development, I feel like hunting trips are the only time I can escape and not actually work for a couple of days straight 🙁

“Should be an option” v. “Is an option”

during my caribou pack out we got to the top of one ridge and had service… called my wife, posted a pic on hunt talk… and responded to 5 work emails and got on a teams call for 10 min, FML 🤦‍♂️

“Remote workers blah blah blah…”

Yeah no boundaries ever… expectation be available to work 24/7/365

And yeah didn’t call in to teams, it just showed I was available when my phone had service and I instantly got a call about a server deployment.

I’m definitely not excited about this development, I feel like hunting trips are the only time I can escape and not actually work for a couple of days straight 🙁
Yes, what started as a great convenience can now serve as an instrument of enslavement. A scant few decades ago, you worked, and that time belonged to the corporation/company whatever. When you were off your time was yours.

Access everywhere changed that, and we are less free because of it.

Workers Arise! 🤣

l still carry a flip phone, it gets me some weird looks at work, but it's really nice to only text and call, no internet capability. l remember when my dad had a bagphone in the truck for emergencies on the ranch but l don't ever remember it being used.

#invisible
Set it before you leave.
🤫

Teams will honor the most recent status set by the active machine on which it is being used. I've shared this before, and of course would never do this, but one could run a python script in the background at all times that moves one's mouse an indiscernible amount every 30 seconds or so,set one's team status to "Appear Offline", and leave that baby running for the duration of your trip on your work machine. You will appear offline until you actively choose a different teams status on that machine.

Back