Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sons first Pronghorn

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
My youngest sons was successful on his first Pronghorn this weekend. Spent a couple days checking out a new unit for us. Made a few stalks that we got busted on and looked over a lot of bucks. On Saturday morning he spotted this buck. Stalk got us to 206 yds. He made a great shot and the buck dropped like a sack of dirt. After high fives, hugs and back slaps we went to check him out. About 150 yds out he got up and started walking away. You could tell he was hurt. He was working towards a private section so when he gave him a quartering away shot he took it and the buck went down for good.
View attachment 155739

Pleased with the boys shooting. He still needs to work on anticipating where the bullet will end up on the off side with a quartering shot but not bad for a 80 lb kid shooting a 7mm Rem Mag with 140 gr AB's. Hunts with my kids are about as enjoyable as it gets for me.
Nice work.

Nice work guys. Daughter got her first pronghorn this year and now her brother wants to start hunting. I’d rather take the kiddos than hunt myself anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back