Something new and different (new artwork)

Big Sky

It's been a while since I posted any new artwork. For the past few weeks I've had my art students working on a "texture" drawing. I used an alligator as the subject as I figured an alligator has about as many different textures as anything out there. Anyway just to show the students I wouldn't ask them to draw anything I wouldn't draw myself I drew this alligator along with them. This is a scan of how the original turned out. I thought it was kind'a cool and different from the usual big antlers or predators. Hope some of you find it interesting.
AlligatorDrawingII.jpg

Hey, that's awesome! Do you have any other works on the web somewhere? I've actually been looking at wildlife art a lot the last few days. I need to find some different wall coverings!

That drawing is great!

Oak

Oak,
His drawings are great. I have a drawing of his moose on my wall, and hope to get some others soon. They also make great Christmas or B-day gifts because they aren't too expensive. You give one of these as a gift unframed and let the person you gave it to buy or build the frame. ;)

Troy, the gater looks good, but you need to draw some antlers on it. Then I will buy it.

Thanks for the sales pitch WeekendWarrior. Put antlers on a gator. I can tell you are Greenhorn's best bud as he likes everything horny as well.

Now I reckon I have roped a gator or two back home.......and I can tell you from experience, that's a damn fine likeness..... ;) DS

Back