Some of the story

Russ me get him a Hummer ? Hell no that is what I want. :D :D

[ 05-06-2004, 10:48: Message edited by: The Viperess ]

HAHAHA!!!! You could let him sit in it I suppose..
By the way, how is the Nut fund for Africa coming along, I would guess that any thing saved has been used up for deductibles on emergency rooms for broken toes.... :eek: ;)

LOL Viperess,
It really does sound like you all had a little fun before the great big fun started. Just getting here and reading. Got a lot of catching up to do.
Glad you folks made it home safe and overall had a good trip.
DixieLady

I gotta laugh :D :D Man that sure brought back some happy memories as being a kid and going up camping with my Aunt and Uncle. This would of been in the late seventies and we were heading up to our spot after my High school football game,as they always waited till after the game for me to go. So we arrive about 02:30 and finally find a spot left for the trailer. Well my uncle aked me and my Aunt to get out and help guide the trailer into the spot as it is a bit tight and he has to back it in. Well I get the lantern going for my aunt and she is swinging it around back and forth from one side to the next as he is backing into trees, the rock borders for the camp,etc, etc. After about a 1/2 dozen jackknives and numerous "verbal" discussions it all goes quiet as he turns off the truck as it is not even close to the camp now. Well my Aunt and I are just standing there and he calmly gets out of the truck, walks over to us, being as quiet as he can not to wake other campers that already have been watching the scenerio for about 1/2 hr, takes the lantern from my Aunt and walks to the corner of the site and says PLEASE! just stand here and quit swinging the dam thing like your a fugging train conductor!! :eek: Funny thing is he put it right in there after that. :D :D Those are great family memories that your creating there Vipress and Nut good fun. ;) Thanks for bringing that to mind. :D

Back in the 60's my grandfather had a Studebaker pickup truck. I don't remember what year this thing was, but it was old then. The bed had fallen off so he built a flatbed with walls about 4 ft high on it. A farmer had a shale bank on one of the mountain roads. Pap wanted shale for his driveway cause he was sick of getting stuck in the mud. He loaded my Uncle, my Dad, and Me up and off we went to borrow some shale. Anyone that has ever hand shoveled shale, can tell you it ain a pleasant task. I was just a kid so I wasn't much help. Pap was old so he wasn't much help except for bossin and keeping the Piels (thats a beer for you westerners) from going flat. The men said thats enough, Pap said NOPE, put some more on, I ain wasting gas making another trip back here. They kept shoveling till you couldn't fit no more on. Everyone jumped in the front seat. Pap slipped her into gear, moved about 3 feet and both back tires blew, and so did some curses I had never heard before. They got the bottle jack out, but it wouldn fit under the truck. They had to shovel most of that shale off, I was sent to the farmers to get help. Nobody had spares back then. My family was just poor pulp wood cutters. The farmer came, took the tires to get fixed, charged Pap for the repairs, the shale, and drank the rest of Paps beer. Then they had to shovel the shale back on the truck. But not as much as the first time. They were so mad at Pap, that they made me ride on the top of the shale so I wouldnt hear the cussing.

Good luck again Fred..
May the sun be at your back the wind at your face and your truck never stuck again.... :D

Back